Honored Contributor

Sunscreen that doesn’t burn eyes?

Can anyone suggest sunscreen that doesn’t burn your eyes when in the pool or when perspiring? I appreciate any suggestions.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sunscreen that doesn’t burn eyes?

[ Edited ]

Very easy to research by Googling “sunscreen that won’t burn eyes”. Turns out you can be pretty confident  of eye comfort with almost any Neutrogena formulation or use sunscreens more intended for kids. 

Here’s a site to pick from many suggestions and reviews:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=2cs7W__fIM7VzwLUzoDQDA&q=sunscreen+that+doesn%27t+burn+eyes&oq=suns...

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Very easy to research by Googling “sunscreen that won’t burn eyes”. Turns out you can be pretty confident  of eye comfort with almost any Neutrogena formulation or use sunscreens more intended for kids. 

sunscreen that doesn't burn eyes

That's what I did and there are several to choose from. Many Neutrogena's. I use the Ultra Sheer Liquid and never had a problem. Just don't put a heavy application around the eyes. I also blot it a bit before my foundation goes on and that Ultra Sheer makes for a really good primer.

Respected Contributor

My current favorite is Red Pearlsation UV Protection City Defencer SPF50+ bu a Korean company called Klavuu. It's a gel-cream formula that I really like and I hate wearing sunscreen on my face. I got mine from Riley Rose. YesStyle also carries and it and YesStyle was one of the only places I could find that actually listed the ingredients - but RileyRose ha a discount code. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

sunscreen that doesn't burn eyes

That's what I did and there are several to choose from. Many Neutrogena's. I use the Ultra Sheer Liquid and never had a problem. Just don't put a heavy application around the eyes. I also blot it a bit before my foundation goes on and that Ultra Sheer makes for a really good primer.

@SilleeMee  I use Neutrogena Dry Touch & haven’t had a issue w/ it burning my eyes. Several drugstore sunscreens are labeled for babies. They may be better if eyes are sensitive.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the responses. I did check google prior to starting this thread. I was just looking for recommendations.
Respected Contributor

I use Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Sunscreen for face. It doesn’t burn my eyes.
Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=2cs7W__fIM7VzwLUzoDQDA&q=sunscreen+that+doesn%27t+burn+eyes&oq=suns...

@gizmogal...I’m fairly certain @San Antonio Gal is aware she can google ANYTHING. Some like to pose these questions on the QVC Beauty forum to get suggestions from others who have had success with the type of product she needs. She was seeking helpful advice.

@San Antonio Gal...I’ve had good luck with Paula’s Choice sunscreens. She makes them for all skin types. My skin is dry so I use either the Resist for dry skin (SPF 50) or the Skin Recovery, but it’s a lower SPF (30).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

I just started using a Japanese sunscreen that I  bought on Amazon for about $15. It's called Skin lab Gokujun UV white gel (SPF50 + PA ++++) and I LOVE it! It's creamy, moisturizing and doesn't sting the eyes at all. The only possible negative is that it comes in a jar rather than a tube but I just use a spatula rather than my fingers to keep from contaminating the product. This stuff sinks right into your skin and doesn't leave a white cast or shiny finish. It works well on its own or under makeup.

Honored Contributor

I am extremely allergic to sunscreens. I have ended up in the ER with my eyes swollen shut from sunscreen. For every day I use eucerin cream with SPF 30 and keep it far away from my eyes. Also I have to be careful not to apply too much or it will run into my eyes if I sweat. For going to the pool I use Neutrogena baby face but I still do not get it anywhere near my eyes, and I'm still careful not to put on so much it runs into my eyes when it gets wet. Also, after applying, wash your hands throughly with soapy water to get it off your hands because you touch your eyes more than you think, and that will get sunscreen in your eyes if your not careful.To combat not wearing sunscreen around my eyes I wear big round sunglasses even in the pool, and a large visor hat.