Valued Contributor

Re: Sunscreen for face....how I hate thee...

Neutragena also has a CLEAR LIQUID SPF 70 for the face.  It is not greasy or white. Works great under makeup without dry down time required.

Honored Contributor

F0605C07-14B6-46A4-A659-6BD35621ED7F.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@chiclet

Good morning I hear you I have combo acne prone skin and have a love/hate relationship with sunscreen over the years Tried the Elta no good for me .The only 2 I have tried that work for me are Devita solar  protection and derma e sunscreen ,both are spf 30 ,mineral based broadspectrum .I have used Devita for serveral years and pick up Derma E when vitacost had a sale on the line Good luck 

Honored Contributor

I use Supergoop and Eucerin. Both are kind of tacky but I can let it set for awhile then do my make up, if I decide to wear any. 

Respected Contributor

Hi ~ This probably won't help, but just in case, I want to reply.

I have used Dr.Denese SPF 30 Defense Day Cream for years.  It is a lightly Tinted Cream.  Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB.  Matte Finish, Oil Free, and is Zinc-Oxide Based.

I can use it alone, or mix it with others (Algenist Repairing Tint Moisturizer SPF30)...  It mixes well with anything else I use,

meaning I get no balling up/rolling off, etc.  I use a very light dusting of LG Fair Bronzing Powder over it.  It lasts all day.

I hope this info can help someone. Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

Aubegirl,   I use IT CC cream and love it ! It covers, moisturizes and protects against the sun.  Not greasy or heavy and really protects, wear it all year long ! P.S. 50SPF  Felinemom

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

Neutragena also has a CLEAR LIQUID SPF 70 for the face.  It is not greasy or white. Works great under makeup without dry down time required.

Is that the Ultra Sheer Liquid? @D Kay I love that one. It's the one I have used forever. I think it makes an excellent makeup primer.

Honored Contributor

I have been using Oil of Olay SPF facial moisturizers for years. I started using it as a teen and still use it in my 50s. In the beginning they only had one product, but now they have various formulas with various SPFs. I have never had any issues. Btw my post 50 year skin is still oily and acne prone. 

Respected Contributor

I sometimes use Perricone md pre: empt moisturizer, and it is fine. The Elta I only use in the winter, as I find it a little too moisturizing for me. I am now using Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum and I like that the best. It is more like a light lotion than a serum. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet

Consider trying Asian sunscreens. They blow everything available in the U.S. out of the water because they use different UV filters such as tinisorb and uvinal that haven't been approved by the FDA for use here yet. They go on with a beautiful finish and there are some that are more moisturizing if you need more moisture. There are many available on Amazon and they're very reasonably priced. Three that I've tried and love are from Hada Labo, Nivea and Biore. HTH