Respected Contributor

Sunscreen for face....how I hate thee...

Only one suscreen I have liked was perricone preempt daily brightening with spf 30.   I was having an allergic reaction with my eyes so I sent it back because I think that was causing it.   I went to dermatologist office and she had Elta md everywhere.     I came home and ordered the Clear tinted 46spf for sensitive skin and acne skin.  I just put it on and it looks like I put baby oil on my face.  I am dying to wash it off.  I also tried the IT armour and it is better but not great. Even thought tinted it looks white and can get greasy.  I did not like the Australian Gold since it was so thick and hard to wash off.   I put the Elta on my arms and hands and it feels tacky but I might just use it for that since it does not make my arms look white.   I have combo skin and sometimes in the heat and humidity very oily in t zone.  Finding a sunscreen it just torture.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sunscreen for face....how I hate thee...

@chiclet  welcome to my world.

I have had skin cancers (18 at least) and wear spf daily. I hate it.

The only spf that doesnt break me out, flare rosacea is Perricone Photo Plasma, spf 30. Also like the  Tinted Face Finishing/Firming cream w/spf 30.

At least I can tolerate these.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet, I have some suggestions for you. I actually have found quite a few that I love. The only thing is I wished some of these came in bigger sizes. I will start off saying that I have dry skin and none of these give me a matte dry look. 

Neogen Dermology Day-Light Protection SPF 50

Farmacy Green Screen

Skinn SPF 30

Volition Beauty Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 ( have not tried yet but want to)

Josie Maran Untinted SPF 47

Clarins Face Winkle Control Cream SPF 50

Tony Moly Sunblock ( probably won't buy anymore because not cruelty free)

Honored Contributor

@maestra @chiclet  Shiseido without Avobenzone is about all I wear.  I like it a lot.  That stuff breaks my face out like crazy and is in almost all sunsceens now.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  Does the Sheiseido product have a specific name?

I hate avobenzene as well; chemical spf makes my skin a mess.

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about wearing it either. But what I do is blot mine after it sets on my face for about 10 to 15 minutes, then blot with a tissue or blotter paper. Takes down the shine and allows for an easier makeup application on top.

Respected Contributor

The Elta MD 46 has oxtinoxate in it and I am feeling very hot in the face and going to go wash it off.   What a waste of money. 

Honored Contributor

I have many allergic reactions to sunscreen. I had one once so severe I ended up in the ER with my eyes swollen closed.

On the advice of my dermatologist I use Eucerin cream with SPF 30 under my MU - being very careful to keep it away from my eyes, and for going to the pool I use Neutrogenia baby with SPF 60 and , again keep it away from my eyes.When I go out side for any reason I wear large round sunglasses to protect my eye area because there is no sunscreen there. Yes, i have to wear sunglasses or goggles to swim.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

Only one suscreen I have liked was perricone preempt daily brightening with spf 30.   I was having an allergic reaction with my eyes so I sent it back because I think that was causing it.   I went to dermatologist office and she had Elta md everywhere.     I came home and ordered the Clear tinted 46spf for sensitive skin and acne skin.  I just put it on and it looks like I put baby oil on my face.  I am dying to wash it off.  I also tried the IT armour and it is better but not great. Even thought tinted it looks white and can get greasy.  I did not like the Australian Gold since it was so thick and hard to wash off.   I put the Elta on my arms and hands and it feels tacky but I might just use it for that since it does not make my arms look white.   I have combo skin and sometimes in the heat and humidity very oily in t zone.  Finding a sunscreen it just torture.

@chiclet  Please try the best one I’ve found...new Hydroboost spf 50, a gel, from Neutrogena. It’s water based...been using it for months and love it. 

Honored Contributor

I use Clinique Superdefense daily moisturizer.

SPF 20

Plus I stay out of the sun