Honored Contributor

Sunscreen And Body Lotions, Butters

This may be a dumb question but here goes. I live in New York City so I get 4 seasons. During the Winter and Fall (some Spring) I wear long sleeves and long pants so I don't use sunscreen as my arms and legs are covered, I use it on my face, neck, and hands. I use a body lotion or butter on the rest of my body. During the warmer weather I forgo the body lotion as I wear sunscreen to protect my skin from the sun. I know I could use body lotion that has built in SPF but the ones I like to use don't have any. What do most of you do? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Sunscreen And Body Lotions, Butters

I only wear sunscreen on my face on a daily basis. If I know I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time, or going to the pool/beach, I'll apply SPF to my arms, neck, chest, legs.
Valued Contributor

I do the same as the OP

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2, I live in Pittsburgh so during the cold months I only use SPF on my face, neck and hands. During the summer I still apply my butter then when I am ready to go out, I apply my sunscreen to my exposed parts.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Jordan2, I live in Pittsburgh so during the cold months I only use SPF on my face, neck and hands. During the summer I still apply my butter then when I am ready to go out, I apply my sunscreen to my exposed parts.

Thanks @Tricolor that's a good solution!