Frequent Contributor

Sunday Night Review! Review a 'new to you' product you used this week!

Tried a few new things this week with the Sephora and Ulta sale items rolling in. 

Most disappointing was the Tom Ford Luminizer in Glitzy

The packaging is huge and stunning as is always the case, in my opinion, with all Tom Ford. It was the color that was hugely disappointing. Glitzy if very copper, deep peach, tan, not sure how to describe. I'm a medium foundation shade (MAC NC 30) and this is much too dark for me to use as a luminizer. It is described as a warm peach gold. Maybe it was my fault in ordering something described as peachy but to me, this is way beyond peachy. Or mabye not. In any event, word to the wise, it is a very deep for a "luminizer" or highlighter, best used on deep skin tones in my opnion.

Oh well. Back it goes!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sunday Night Review! Review a 'new to you' product you used this week!

I am really liking my Kate Somerville cleansing cream.  I just finished my first jar and am starting on my second.  I usually jump around with products, but this one is a keeper.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sunday Night Review! Review a 'new to you' product you used this week!

Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada carries the Pixi Beauty makeup and the regular price is expensive for what it is. Most Pixi makeup also looks like it's full of shimmer and glitter too. It rarely goes on sale unless it's being discontinued and some of the beauty influencer collabs are being put on sale, likely because they did not sell well as the regular price for the makeup palettes was in the low to high 30s.

So anyway, the Pixi x Chloe Morello palettes are marked down from $36.99 to $16.99 CDN so I took a chance and bought it and I'm pleasantly surprised at how nice the 3 blushes are. They are a satin finish and are pretty on the face. I haven't tried all of the neutral shimmer shadows or the matte brow/liner powders yet, but it looks like a decent palette that isn't huge.