Respected Contributor

I always liked this, and was going to post it somewhere else, but.....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Please raise your big toes and repeat this pledge for yourself. Remember, no matter how high the temperature soars, putting your best foot forward is always in style:

As a member of the "Toe-Exposing Cute Girl Sisterhood," I pledge to follow these rules when wearing sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and top of my feet will not "pudge-out" between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, co-worker, mother or sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

I will not live in corn denial. Rather, I will lean on my good friend, Dr. Scholl's, if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat, and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toe swells and begins to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend, sister and co-worker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good!

What worries you masters you.
Contributor
Cute idea. I'm going to have to pass. I have a 12-week old daughter. These days, I'm luck if I get to shower (and wash my feet) and put on matching shoes/sandals. Please don't judge me too harshly when I'm out and about!
Honored Contributor

Oh for heaven's sake - this is so immature it doesn't even deserve the space it took to write it.

Valued Contributor

Nice idea........However, a bit too much..

Respected Contributor
On 5/9/2014 happy housewife said:

Oh for heaven's sake - this is so immature it doesn't even deserve the space it took to write it.

I didn't write it, I copied it for the poster who was looking for it (on another thread that apparently got poofed because someone didn't like that, either, hmmm......)

In any event, I hope you're "happier" tomorrow.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I think it's funny!

Respected Contributor
Actually it's rather appropriate considering the other thread regarding to polish or not to polish.
Honored Contributor

What about toes that look like Vienna sausages, with big spaces in between?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor
On 5/9/2014 aprilskies said: Actually it's rather appropriate considering the other thread regarding to polish or not to polish.

If you are referring to the thread named "Pet Peeve...Toe Nails..." it really wasn't about polish. It was about cleanliness, nail trimming, and callous removal. Some people see one word, jump on it, and turn it into something nasty. I think lots of times people see (read) what they want and if they are looking for a fight that's what they get!

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I want to say that just because you have ""ugly"" feet doesn't mean you should not wear sandals. Simply make sure they are clean and ""well-groomed"" without habitually chipped polish.

KJPA