Valued Contributor

Summer Grace vs. Sunshine Grace

[ Edited ]

Was wondering for those of you that have purchased either of these two Philosophy scents, your opinion and best description if you could give me please?  I saw the sets featured last night on Friday Night Beauty and was thinking of getting one of the sets for my mom for Mother's Day.  She's a huge fan of Amazing Grace so was wondering-- out of the two, which would have a more softer cleaner scent (sort of in comparision to the feminine smell of AG)?  I checked out some of the reviews but I didn't see much mentioned about Sunshine Grace.  It sounds like the Summer Grace does have a coconut smell in it and I'm thinking maybe Sunshine Grace more of a citrus?  Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer Grace vs. Sunshine Grace

@LeoGrl wrote:

Was wondering for those of you that have purchased either of these two Philosophy scents, your opinion and best description if you could give me please?  I saw the sets featured last night on Friday Night Beauty and was thinking of getting one of the sets for my mom for Mother's Day.  She's a huge fan of Amazing Grace so was wondering-- out of the two, which would have a more softer cleaner scent (sort of in comparision to the feminine smell of AG)?  I checked out some of the reviews but I didn't see much mentioned about Sunshine Grace.  It sounds like the Summer Grace does have a coconut smell in it and I'm thinking maybe Sunshine Grace more of a citrus?  Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.  Smiley Happy

I'm pretty sure I tried both but I really like Sunshine Grace. Now I haven't been using it for maybe a year and a half because it isn't really available anywhere but here. I don't like heavy scents and this one was light. Scent is such an individual preference, your mother can only try it and send it back if she doesn't like it.

Trusted Contributor

I did have the body oil in one of them and loved it. Every time I used it, it made the house smell good. Unfortunately, I am not positive which it was. I think it was the Sunshine Grace, but I really think they all are good so your mom will like it whichever you choose. If not, she can exchange it.

Valued Contributor

Thank you both for your replies.  I was leaning towards the Sunshine Grace for some reason.  I know the Q is the only one that carries these Summer versions I heard them say, otherwise, I would have tried testing them out in person at Ulta or Sephora.  I guess if it's a miss for her body chemistry, she can always exchange it for the Amazing Grace. 

Regular Contributor

To my nose Sunshine Grace is very beachy, smells like sunscreen. The Summer Grace smells floral. 

Respected Contributor

I was in Ulta on Friday. They had sets of the summer scents but no testers. They told me they typically don't have testers for the Philosophy seasonals. I figured I'll try another Ulta. Same thing.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

On me, Summer Grace translates as a fruity floral. I could really wear this one all year round. It's my all time favorite Philosophy fragrance. Sunshine Grace is summer in a bottle, very beachy, kind of reminiscent of Hawaiian Tropics suntan lotion. 

Of the two, I'd say that Summer Grace is the softer, more floral of the two. Amazing Grace is my favorite non summer  Philosophy fragrance and Summer Grace, to me, is definitely closer to the soft, clean floral theme of AG. 

I have both Summer Grace and Sunshine Grace and wear both, depending on my mood. Love them all! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for the additional replies! 

Labluver (love the picture of your lab baby, so sweet), but it sounds from your post like the Summer Grace is more softer and leans more towards Amazing Grace.  Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for for her.  I don't think a suntan lotion smell would be the right scent, although I would probably like it myself.  I think I'll go now with the Summer Grace.  I kept going back and forth and it's so hard when you haven't smelled them in person but your description helped.