Regular Contributor

Suggestions for lipstick for dry lips

I've perused this board for a lipstick for dry lips and I see some were several years old. Nothing seems to stay moisturized and I confess I havevfine lines too.  As a note, cost isn't a factor because a lipstick that does the job will be worth it to me.  Thanks for all suggestions.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for lipstick for dry lips

@greenjean1 wrote:

I've perused this board for a lipstick for dry lips and I see some were several years old. Nothing seems to stay moisturized and I confess I havevfine lines too.  As a note, cost isn't a factor because a lipstick that does the job will be worth it to me.  Thanks for all suggestions.  

@greenjean1   Since Covid/masks, I've relied on lip balms and filling  in with a lip pencil. Balms with petroleum-based ingredients seem more drying to me. 

Honored Contributor

i bought Philosophy Hydrating set of 4 Lips of Hope, I like them a lot and the 4 colors are very pretty. 

Respected Contributor

I find if I use fresh advanced therapy recovery lip mask before bed my lips are fine all day.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Clinique Pop Lipsticks, favorites being Plum, Mocha or Nude Pop!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@greenjean1 There are a lot of options out there. 

I like Mac Lustreglass LIpsticks. The aren't long lasting color, but very comfortable to wear.

I haven't tried Mac's Love Me Lipsticks, but they say they have all day moisture & they come in so many colors!

I have 2 Colourpop Lip Tints that I love & they are very comfortable on my dry lips.

I know that Nyx Butter LIpsticks are favorites & the price is reasonable.

Typically the glossier the finish on a lipstick the quicker it will wear off of your lips, but I am always reapplying either color or lip balm to my lips.

Honored Contributor

I have been using----wait for it----bag balm!!! Yup--bag balm--that thick brown salve in the green square tin---best thing for dried up lips and well---teats---there is. Wonder if I can say that here-Woman Embarassed----I guess we'll see---anyway, my mom had a tin that she used on us kids and I  swear, it lasted for years and years!!! 

Respected Contributor

My granddaughter in full protective gear during her 12-hour hospital shifts has started using your recommendation @Janey2 and loves it. She started seeing results overnight so I ordered some for myself.

Honored Contributor

I gave up lipstick and gloss years ago and switched to tinted lip balm.  Not as sticky, not as drying and the color doesn't end up on my teeth.  Color is subtle and "natural" looking.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms - The Lilly Mint Blog

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@greenjean1 

Are you looking for a true lipstick or something to solve your dry lips?

I think if you want a lipstick, stay away from matte formulas.  There are a lot of tinted lip balms.  I think that's the best bet for moisturizing.  

For a more traditional lipstick, I'd look into BITE.  They have tinted lip masks, lipsticks etc.