Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for facial fillers

@tkaste wrote:

I work in the industry, and the cost of injectables go up because the manufacturers are increasing cost. There is generally not a huge mark up as the cost is so high, and the fee for the injector and ancillary supplies. I love Voluma for the midface lift, and as I don’t need volume in my lips Volbella works great to give definition to my lip border. Neuromodulators unfortunately don’t last on me ( filler is also shorter than what is normally expected, for sample Voluma is supposed to last up to 2 years, it last a year for me) for more than a few weeks. For that reason even though I get it for cost I will only do it for special events. It can look amazing as long as you have a great injector and they listen to what you want. I work in Scottsdale and the over done look is popular, so most people don’t think Indo injectables as I am moderate in the use. 

@tkaste  Maybe you can explain this. My doc said that different “injectors” mix the fillers/Botox to be different strengths. Less experienced people use a weaker mixture and have to inject more times. He uses the products full strength & gets maximum affect w/ fewer “sticks”. 

Honored Contributor

@Sawn wrote:

I had Juvederm awhile back for my cheeks and loved it. My plastic surgeon believes in subtlety and it was wonderful. However, the cost was high, even with a promotional discount. It it weren't for the cost, I would have kept it up. Botox doesn't work for me, and the last time I had Dysport, it only lasted for a couple of weeks. So the rising costs outweigh the benefits for me Smiley Sad

@Sawn  I’m saving $200 every 3 wks. for hair color plus 20% tip plus highlights every 3 months at another $100 to blend in grey.....over the last 18 months, that’s a lot of Botox and fillers!! It’s a trade off. If I like it (& survive the needle sticks), I’ll do it once a year for a few years.

I’ll never go for the full facelift route. I’ve never seen one that looks natural enough for me...rather do tweaks. Surgeon said fillers/Botox can relax neck bands but can’t firm the neck significantly. He won’t fill & smoothe faces and have necks give the age away & look unnatural. I love his outlook on this.

I have escaped the “hands give away age”. Making jewelry, working with metals for over 20 yrs., my hands remained full, strong and muscular...Retin A, same AHA as face, spf, moisturizers, etc. have spared me (so far) loose skin and veining. I do have arthritis beginning in right pinky, larger knuckles, but just ignore it. Don’t wear rings or any jewelry on that hand or arm anyway, so not too noticeable. Not striving to look 50, just a good 70...

Respected Contributor

You ladies that have fillers done, does the physician do the injections or an assistant?

TIA

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I would love to try some fillers.  I have under eye furrows that I think ...never really noticed them much when younger .... but as I've gotten older have become more pronounced.

While it's not inexpensive to have it done I'm very leery because you do hear about things occasionally going wrong.  So if I were guaranteed a perfect outcome I would have no problem with going forward.  Of course there are no guarantees and I've read about people having their vision affected which is rare but very scary!

@haddon9  I’m beginning to have those deepened areas under my eyes as well. When I asked my plastic surgeon at my saline rehearsal, he said he doesn’t inject there. The skin is quite thin and the beads of filler show through the skin. He suggested adding a few dots of illuminated primer (I purchased Laura Mercier) to my concealer and it worked wonders. He’s also an artist and paints beautiful portraits...well, of course. He knows every muscle, vein, bone in the face...a genius. 

@Shanus . Thanks for the tip!  I have tried a variety of concealers, and color correctors, etc. trying to make those furrows a bit less pronounced but nothing has really worked well.  Sometimes too much makeup in that area just looks bad so I tend to not use anything but moisturizer.  However I'm willing to try almost anything within reason and I might give the illuminated primer a try.

It's good to know though that even some plastic surgeons will not go there.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sawn wrote:

I had Juvederm awhile back for my cheeks and loved it. My plastic surgeon believes in subtlety and it was wonderful. However, the cost was high, even with a promotional discount. It it weren't for the cost, I would have kept it up. Botox doesn't work for me, and the last time I had Dysport, it only lasted for a couple of weeks. So the rising costs outweigh the benefits for me Smiley Sad

@Sawn  I’m saving $200 every 3 wks. for hair color plus 20% tip plus highlights every 3 months at another $100 to blend in grey.....over the last 18 months, that’s a lot of Botox and fillers!! It’s a trade off. If I like it (& survive the needle sticks), I’ll do it once a year for a few years.

I’ll never go for the full facelift route. I’ve never seen one that looks natural enough for me...rather do tweaks. Surgeon said fillers/Botox can relax neck bands but can’t firm the neck significantly. He won’t fill & smoothe faces and have necks give the age away & look unnatural. I love his outlook on this.

I have escaped the “hands give away age”. Making jewelry, working with metals for over 20 yrs., my hands remained full, strong and muscular...Retin A, same AHA as face, spf, moisturizers, etc. have spared me (so far) loose skin and veining. I do have arthritis beginning in right pinky, larger knuckles, but just ignore it. Don’t wear rings or any jewelry on that hand or arm anyway, so not too noticeable. Not striving to look 50, just a good 70...

@Shanus . This is interesting about what you've mentioned concerning your hands.  I also have decent looking hands...no loose skin, age spots (I do wear sunscreen on my hands) or veining.  No arthritis yet (though I have it in my knees) and I also work a lot with my hands.

I have an Etsy shop where I make & paint signs.  Keeps me busy and it's nice to bring in extra income.

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

You ladies that have fillers done, does the physician do the injections or an assistant?

TIA

I would like to know too.

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

My physician does my procedure of botox and juve.  I've gotten it done a few times now and and very pleased with it.  No amount of creams will achieve this look, but those skincare products definitely help the skin texture as they are designed to do.  I pay around that 700.00 for both.  In fact, there is always enough juve left she injects a small amount in my cheek.  I always say, if my little chicken needle phobia self can do this, so can you!  Seriously!  The addition of numbing paste and that ice pack works wonders.  The price is the only hurt here.  LOL..  (worth every penny for me)   

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

I would like to know too.

@PilatesLover. Physician only for me!!!

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

My physician does my procedure of botox and juve.  I've gotten it done a few times now and and very pleased with it.  No amount of creams will achieve this look, but those skincare products definitely help the skin texture as they are designed to do.  I pay around that 700.00 for both.  In fact, there is always enough juve left she injects a small amount in my cheek.  I always say, if my little chicken needle phobia self can do this, so can you!  Seriously!  The addition of numbing paste and that ice pack works wonders.  The price is the only hurt here.  LOL..  (worth every penny for me)   

@MomCat  Funny that my doc said same thing...good skincare makes results only better. He can only fill so many wrinkles, crows feet before the face becomes puffy and unnatural.

Contributor

I have heard f that but never been associated with any place that dilutes product. Botox is 1 -1 ratio generally speaking, there are some fat will do a 2-1 for mire spread but you pay for the 1 unit of Botox not 2 units of saline it is diluted with. Filler comes pre filled syringes should be no mixing unless you are using one without numbing added. They can add lido to it for comfort. As I said never worked with anyone that does that and would not do that myself. Be an informed consumer and ask what you are getting.