Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for coarse, frizzy, dry hair?

I live in Indiana, and it's super humid here.  NOTHING works in Indiana.  

The only thing that works is the cooler, dry weather. My hair looks great 3 or 4 months of the year. The rest of the year it becomes frizzy due to the humidity.  Brazilian blowouts work great, but I'm concerned about the formaldehyde.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Bio Silk/ Silk Therapy is great, I have used it off and on for years, 

That , I believe, has a lot of silicones.  I won't use.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1  I cant use this line also b/c of all the silicones. Makes me break out terribly.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@winamac1  I cant use this line also b/c of all the silicones. Makes me break out terribly.

It just coats my hair.  I don't know why it continues to be a top seller.  It does not work for me at all, but it must work for many.  

I avoid most products that are purely silicone.

Respected Contributor

OGX has a Saki  leave in.  I never tried the matching shampoos but  the leave in   gave me a lot of smoothness.

2508085.jpg

Frequent Contributor

@VenturaHighway Thanks for the suggestion. I've never heard of this line, but I'll be sure and look them up. Sounds great.

Frequent Contributor

@momoftwo2007 You mentioned Carol's Daughter almond milk conditioner. Do you also use this line's shampoo?  If so, how do you like it?

Honored Contributor

@PugdogMom

I have dry very curly hair that can be frizzy but with the wen that got it into great condition I've also discovered tweak'd restore featuring  dhatelo and it too is fantastic!

I agree that the 613 is way too astringent for dry hair, the Fig has done wonders, but since you don't like wen I would highly recommend the tweak'd

You can check out my hair on the outfit of the day thread over in fashion

Respected Contributor

@PugdogMom wrote:

@momoftwo2007 You mentioned Carol's Daughter almond milk conditioner. Do you also use this line's shampoo?  If so, how do you like it?

@PugdogMom  I tried their shampoo before. It's pretty good. But it is very thick and doesn't lather as well. (It's a personal preference, I like my shampoo to be thinner and soapy.)  But I love Carol's Daughter's Conditioners.  It makes my hair feel so soft.

Frequent Contributor

I also have dry hair with frizzy tendencies, however, it is under control to a large extent after I added a couple of supplements to my diet: biotin (controls the frizz) and flax oil (nourishes hair from within).  

It seems odd that biotin would help with frizziness but it certainly does, or it did for me anyway.  I believe that Solgar's brand is the best.  Also note that it may take several weeks of daily supplementation for effect -- I use the 5 mg version.  I use Barlean's flax oil or Whole Foods 360 brand.  

I raise a glass to gorgeous hair for all !!!  Heart