Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for clarifying shampoo, please

Thank you, everyone.  I am going to Walmart today and see if I can find some of these products you have listed. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Neutrogena works best for me too!

I have been using a  tablespoon a few times a week in my regular shampoo. Then you can rinse IF you want to with vinegar.

This has made my hair cleaner and managable more than any clarifying shampoo!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Contributor

I have always used about a tablespoon of baking soda added to whatever shampoo I use that day.  I works great and it will suds up and rinse clean.  Does not dry out my hair.   Good luck on your search Woman Wink 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used Fekkai apple cider clarifying shampoo - I like it but it's pricey. HSN has a good kit  496-841 - I re purchase it  every few months. The hair mask that's part of the kit is  terrific.

The Beekman apple cider rinse duo is on sale- with free shipping. I have a 20% off coupon for the holiday. I was iffy since I didn't like their goat milk shampoo - the conditioner was okay. After buying/returning that duo I figured haircare wasn't their strength. But I've never tried an apple cider rinse, so I went with it today! 

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I use mloisturizing shampoos and conditioners because my hair is very wiry and tends to frrizz and these types of products are the only ones which seem to keep my hair under control.  However, lately my hair seems to be a little heavy and not so bouncy.  I think I need a clarifying shampoo.  But don't these dry out your hair?  If anyone has a recommendation for one that is gentle on the hair, I would appreciate it.  Drug store products would be better, but if not, o.k.  Thanks!  

You might like Pantene ProVBlends...Rose water sulfate free shampoo.

It is considered a moisture wash shampoo.  pretty fragrance too.  

Pantene ProVBlends also has the charcoal purifying root wash.  

Neither one of these dry out your hair.  I get mine at CVS.

Honored Contributor

I use Suave.