Honored Contributor

Suggestions for clarifying shampoo, please

I use mloisturizing shampoos and conditioners because my hair is very wiry and tends to frrizz and these types of products are the only ones which seem to keep my hair under control.  However, lately my hair seems to be a little heavy and not so bouncy.  I think I need a clarifying shampoo.  But don't these dry out your hair?  If anyone has a recommendation for one that is gentle on the hair, I would appreciate it.  Drug store products would be better, but if not, o.k.  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for clarifying shampoo, please

@AngelPuppy1  I find regular Neutrogena to be the best clarifying shampoo.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This works really well, doesn’t dry out your hair like some, you don’t have to be blonde to use it....I usually find it at ulta...5C3E6AC8-5F76-4C71-B64E-DCBE4EBE7E83.pngsorry, first time posting a pic, it’s the John Frieda cool dip shampoo😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Frequent Contributor

I also love the Neutregena Clarifying Shampoo.  I use weekly to remove all product build-up.  I have thin, fine hair and use a number of products daily.  This works the best for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1...  Once a week I use either Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo or Herbal Essences Black  Charcoal Shampoo.   

Respected Contributor

Mine is very dry and coarse so in the past I stayed away from clarifying shampoos because they were too drying. My salon carries Davinnes products and I love their clarifying shampoo. It's called Solu Shampoo and great for taming the hair too. 

Honored Contributor

I use Paul Mitchell and really like it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ION (regular or color-treated) and also Suave.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Apple cider vinegar works nicely as a clarifier, and doesn't dry out my hair. I just wash my hair, rinse it, then pour about a cup of straight ACV through it (chin-length hair) and work it in. Let it sit while I shower, shave legs, then rinse well.

I just use the store brand of cider vinegar.

Trusted Contributor

Suave