Honored Contributor

Suggestions for an Inexpensive but efficient Lip Primer?

I am noticing lately that a lot of my lipsticks are bleeding. I don't have noticeable lip lines, but for some reason they are bleeding. Any suggestions for an inexpensive lip primer?? I also need to be better with exfoliating my lips as well.....Thanks ladies~!

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for an Inexpensive but efficient Lip Primer?

If you already use an eyeshadow primer on your lids, try it on your lips.

When Dimitri first brought his big set of the new lip glosses, one of these primers was included in the kit.  I was only using it with the gloss, but recently tried it with a regular lipstick and it worked fine.  You might be able to find a single on eBay, to try it before buying a duo.  If you like it, watch for the duo to go back on sale for $19.99 during the Skinn anniversary shows next month.  

Skinn Cosmetics Long Wear Hydrating Lip Primer Duo

314-206

$25

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

e.l.f.  LIP LOCK PENCIL - $3

"Keep your lipstick, lip gloss and lip liner from feathering, traveling or budging with the smooth glide Lip Lock Pencil. Your lip color stays locked in place for continuous wear. The colorless formula is perfect for any skin tone and fills in fine lines around the lip."

82611_SILO.jpg

It's colorless and feels like a lip balm. Does not add shine. Makes my lippies stay put and stay longer.  Very moisturizing, too...like a lip balm.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

I have both of the liner / primer products that @JeanLouiseFinch and @SilleeMee suggested. I can't tell the difference when using either of these translucent liners. I do notice they feel more "waxier" than a conventional lip liner on me. 

I've had good luck using IT's liners in keeping traveling at bay, if you are interested in a colored liner. I'm sure others will share their favorites too.

Checking ebay for the sealed Skinn liner or other items is a great suggestion. There's a current 6% ebucks promo going on for under $50 purchases, 8% for over $50.

What liners have you been using?

In this heat, it's amazing that anything can stay on ...

Honored Contributor

I should have stated that I do not use a lip liner, although I have in the past. Maybe that is the problem......I do like It Cosmetics lip liners, maybe I will try it again and see if that helps with the bleeding and feathering ...

Valued Contributor

NYX has a nice lip primer which comes in nude or deep nude.  I use it around my lips and also on my lips.  It prevents feathering and is a good base for lipstick. Inexpensive, too.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Ladies. I am going to take a peek at Elf and NYX..

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

My neighbor uses both NYX and Ulta lip liners and lipstick. She always looks fabulous and I marvel at the longevity she has with working long and hot hours in her yard. Truly impressive  If you visit Ulta check out their brand too. Also inexpensive. 

Keep us posted, please.

Valued Contributor

Signature club A on the other channel has a lip liner . Its a white thick pencil that goes on clear and helps lkeep lipstick from feathering , I like it . I bought 2 . One for home and one for my purse.[about 16 dollars]

cathy from ma

a

Honored Contributor

I have not used it but Laura Geller makes a Lip Spackle that I am sure is as great as her other items....love them alll It is supposed to eliminate bleeding from your lipstick and also make it last longer