Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a drugstore foundation that has.....

Lumene BB cream

Respected Contributor

Lumene BB cream

Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 myshell624 said:
On 6/20/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 6/20/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Kat, the Missha is fantastic. I know it is not a DS brand but it is a DS price. I think you once mentioned that you need a cool tone and the Missha is cool. Also I have a product called Lioele Gel Foundation. It is not expensive, around 15.00 on ebay from iamlove-shop, free shipping, can be layered for coverage, dries to a powder finish, comes in ivory (fair) and honey beige (light/medium) both cool tone. This has become my HG lately. Also covers pores and can be used as a concealer.

I was going to say Missha, too, but didn't since it isn't a D/S brand. Somedays I use IT CC+ and some days I experiment with Missha. I like the coverage. I only tried the Missha recently - didn't get the right color. I'm usually a medium - tried the #23 and it was too pale. I just ordered #27 hoping that would be a better match.

I had the same problem. The #21 was a little to light. I can make it work with using a colored powder over it. The #23 is a good match for me for summer. Now I need to order the full size. I'm going to use the #21 for winter. I'm usually a light so I'm not surprised the #23 was too light for you. The Physician's Formula CC is nice but the Missha holds up much better throughout the day and I like the finish better. I hope the #27 works out.

Thanks myshelle624 - I did the same thing, applying a powder over the #23 and will probably save it for winter as well. The Missha site is having a sale and I was tempted by a lot of products, but I had to hold myself back. I just bought the foundation on Amazon - inexpensive and free shipping. I really have no business buying any foundation at all since I have the IT CC+ Cream in the big tube and more on the way soon in another TSV shipment, but I like experimenting sometimes.

Super Contributor

Kat, the Missha is fantastic. I know it is not a DS brand but it is a DS price. I think you once mentioned that you need a cool tone and the Missha is cool. Also I have a product called Lioele Gel Foundation. It is not expensive, around 15.00 on ebay from iamlove-shop, free shipping, can be layered for coverage, dries to a powder finish, comes in ivory (fair) and honey beige (light/medium) both cool tone. This has become my HG lately. Also covers pores and can be used as a concealer.

I was going to say Missha, too, but didn't since it isn't a D/S brand. Somedays I use IT CC+ and some days I experiment with Missha. I like the coverage. I only tried the Missha recently - didn't get the right color. I'm usually a medium - tried the #23 and it was too pale. I just ordered #27 hoping that would be a better match.

I had the same problem. The #21 was a little to light. I can make it work with using a colored powder over it. The #23 is a good match for me for summer. Now I need to order the full size. I'm going to use the #21 for winter. I'm usually a light so I'm not surprised the #23 was too light for you. The Physician's Formula CC is nice but the Missha holds up much better throughout the day and I like the finish better. I hope the #27 works out.

Thanks myshelle624 - I did the same thing, applying a powder over the #23 and will probably save it for winter as well. The Missha site is having a sale and I was tempted by a lot of products, but I had to hold myself back. I just bought the foundation on Amazon - inexpensive and free shipping. I really have no business buying any foundation at all since I have the IT CC+ Cream in the big tube and more on the way soon in another TSV shipment, but I like experimenting sometimes.

I have the huge It CC and I am finding that I love the Korean mu much better. I'm keeping the It for times I will be in the sun more. Between the JM SPF 47, ASDM SPF 30, It SPF 50 and my powder SPF 50, I should be covered, lol.

Honored Contributor

I have the huge It CC and I am finding that I love the Korean mu much better. I'm keeping the It for times I will be in the sun more. Between the JM SPF 47, ASDM SPF 30, It SPF 50 and my powder SPF 50, I should be covered, lol.

Finding that myself as well, both with MU and Skincare. I do kinda think the IT CC+ is kinda close though - some similar ingredients anyway. Like you said...we're covered! Ha!

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 maestra said:

Lumene BB cream

Or Lumene CC is nice too.

Regular Contributor

Lumene has a great BB or CC cream. Go to Walgreen's on line and type that word in. No parabens, chemicals, etc. Looks beautiful on. Their prices are so reasonable. I love all of their products!

Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Stardust2 said:

Lumene has a great BB or CC cream. Go to Walgreen's on line and type that word in. No parabens, chemicals, etc. Looks beautiful on. Their prices are so reasonable. I love all of their products!

I've been using Lumene BB cream for a couple years now and I'm a fan. But I have a bone to pick with Lumene. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I recently bought their CC cream because I found a great price on the Walgreens website. I use medium in the BB cream and bought medium in the CC cream expecting a similar color.

There's a significant difference. The medium in the CC formula is much lighter and is more neutral -- maybe even more "cool" (pink) -- than the medium in the BB cream.

Why keep the same shade names -- Light and Medium -- if the shades are not the same between products?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Tricolor said:

L'Oreal Lumi has a nice, light finish. They are coming out with a new one in the Fall with their Photo Blur technology

I have the new Lorea'l Miracle Blur foundation, it is already out in my area. Bought it at Harmons in Bed Bath Beyond last week. Very light coverage, don't notice the blurring technology.

I think maybe the Lumi might be too dewy for OP but that's just my opinion.

Staying in the L'oreal family, True Match can be light or medium coverage depending how much you use. It's a natural finish. Visible Lift is beautiful but finish is somewhere between satin and dewy but not glowy.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 tototwo said:

I'll be watching this thread, KatCat. You'll probably get dozens of recommendations since everyone's skin and preferences are different.

I've used CG AquaSmooth for decades - it's a compact solid that I brush or sponge on. It has 20spf, it's buildable and can be applied as thin or thick as you need on any given day (which I love!). It's fairly matte, no illumination, and it's excellent for my oily skin. You didn't mention if your complexion was oily or dry.

I've been experimenting with Rimmel Stay Matte and CG 3-in-1 liquid. I prefer the Rimmel - it's in a tube and kind of a "moussey" texture - absolutely no shine and does stay matte all day long. It might be too drying for some, tho.

The CG 3-in-1 gets greasy on me after a couple hours, which might be good for ladies with dry skin.

Good luck in your search!

the Aqua smooth has SPF and its not shiny!?