Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a drugstore foundation that has.....

Kat I don't know if you would be interested in a CC cream but from the drugstore I really like Physician's Formula CC cream. It is more like a foundation than a CC cream. It also has spf which is a nice bonus for the warmer months when you may be outside more. After playing with it for awhile, I am realm happy with Missha BB cream. I finally figured out my shade is #23. You can get samples of the colors pretty cheap off ebay and I bought my full size off Amazon for $11.50 with free shipping which puts the price closer to drug store products. I thought I would mention it because I like it better than the one from Physician's Formula but both are a good option.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, ladies. I have to write all the suggestions down and I will be at the drugstore later. I forgot to mention that my skin is normal. Could get a little dry in the winter but did not last year because I was using the Marula oil once a day. I like it to be moisturizing but I think most are and SPF would be wonderful but not necessary.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Paula gives both Physicians Formula Super BB & Super CC creams a best rating. I have both that I got at 40% off at Rite Aid. I like them both, I think I prefer the CC, it seems to give a more flawless finish. I wore it yesterday with nothing else on my face and looked very nice. I had that no makeup, naturally pretty look.

Super Contributor

I thought your HG was all the Laura Mercier products? If so, why not just try to find a drugstore brand that is similar to hers.

Super Contributor

Kat, the Missha is fantastic. I know it is not a DS brand but it is a DS price. I think you once mentioned that you need a cool tone and the Missha is cool. Also I have a product called Lioele Gel Foundation. It is not expensive, around 15.00 on ebay from iamlove-shop, free shipping, can be layered for coverage, dries to a powder finish, comes in ivory (fair) and honey beige (light/medium) both cool tone. This has become my HG lately. Also covers pores and can be used as a concealer.

Valued Contributor

Rimmel Stay matte foundation. It's awesome! It's got pretty good coverage and reminds me of my EL Doublewear Light.
Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Kat, the Missha is fantastic. I know it is not a DS brand but it is a DS price. I think you once mentioned that you need a cool tone and the Missha is cool. Also I have a product called Lioele Gel Foundation. It is not expensive, around 15.00 on ebay from iamlove-shop, free shipping, can be layered for coverage, dries to a powder finish, comes in ivory (fair) and honey beige (light/medium) both cool tone. This has become my HG lately. Also covers pores and can be used as a concealer.

I was going to say Missha, too, but didn't since it isn't a D/S brand. Somedays I use IT CC+ and some days I experiment with Missha. I like the coverage. I only tried the Missha recently - didn't get the right color. I'm usually a medium - tried the #23 and it was too pale. I just ordered #27 hoping that would be a better match.

Respected Contributor

L'Oreal Lumi has a nice, light finish. They are coming out with a new one in the Fall with their Photo Blur technology

Valued Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Tricolor said:

L'Oreal Lumi has a nice, light finish. They are coming out with a new one in the Fall with their Photo Blur technology

Sounds interesting! Will there be a powder? Sounds like it could be a cheaper alternative to Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.
Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 6/20/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I was going to say Missha, too, but didn't since it isn't a D/S brand. Somedays I use IT CC+ and some days I experiment with Missha. I like the coverage. I only tried the Missha recently - didn't get the right color. I'm usually a medium - tried the #23 and it was too pale. I just ordered #27 hoping that would be a better match.

I had the same problem. The #21 was a little to light. I can make it work with using a colored powder over it. The #23 is a good match for me for summer. Now I need to order the full size. I'm going to use the #21 for winter. I'm usually a light so I'm not surprised the #23 was too light for you. The Physician's Formula CC is nice but the Missha holds up much better throughout the day and I like the finish better. I hope the #27 works out.