Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a blush that just broke in the container and I don't want to use alcohol to fix

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a blush that just broke in the container and I don't want to use alcohol to fix

If you Google "The Genius Way You Can Press Broken Eye-Shadow and Blush Palettes Back To New," you should pull up an Allure article, "How to Fix Broken Makeup."

I'd check this one out because it has some finishing steps that I haven't seen in the YouTube videos I watched on this.

I haven't tried the process myself, since my stuff is all intact, but am considering it to create a customized blush by combining one blush that's too light with a little of one that's too dark, same rose color family.

Super Contributor

Ooohhh! Noodleann, you are a genius on the blush combining idea. I think I am going to try that with everything I have that I did not particularly care for the color of alone!

Esteemed Contributor

@ILoveFragrance

Sorry your blush was so poorly packaged. Did you let the vendor know about this? It might help avoid future disappointments. 

There's some good suggestions here for you to consider. One I may add is to save your empty cosmetic containers or any other smallish jars etc. I like to do this primarily for travel purposes or sharing with friends. I alway keep a little stash. You also might ask your girlfriends to save their empties for you too, in case you personal use doesn't cover smaller jars. 

Also the pharmacy may have a heavy opaque white jar, various sizes available to sell you as an alternative to buying plastic travel jars. A compounding pharmacy definitely would have these in stock. I like that these are heavy and glass.

Trusted Contributor

I have saved broken eyeshadow and blush by using the alcohol trick, smush with spoon, then add alcohol ( I did this in the original pan too) the trick was not using too much alcohol so it does not take forever to dry, I pressed a good quality paper towel on top instead of fabric that some how to's call for, it absorbed excess alcohol well. Good Luck! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILoveFragrance,   One blush that lasts all day is by Tarte.  It is a powder in a compact and there are several color choices and you can choose either matte or luminous.  Worth the money and you actually get a lot of product.

Cat Happy  P.S.  I have a pink luminous one by Becca Cosmetic and it is pretty but does not last long.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I would just grind the rest of it up and use it as a powder blush. I've done that before and actualy added it to other powder blush then  do the dip, swirl and tap, like with BE and use it. The alcohol method sounds like way to much work.