Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions for GOOD face cleanser

Try the double cleansing method from Dhc skincare and I think you will be hooked.

It's cleansing with the olive oil cleanser then washing your face with the mild or olive oil soap. It feels heavenly and your face feels so clean. Lasts a long time and not scented.

In the morning, I just use the cleansing oil. At night I use both. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ   I use Mario Badescu's Keratoplast cream soap and toner.  My skin looks great and feels good too.  Right now he is offering a discount and free shipping.  His products perform and are reasonably priced.  You can take answer questions to find out what products are good for your skin type.  I used some but others I read description and reviews. My skin can be sensitive.  Also, sold at Sephora and ULTA and Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Palmer's Cleansing Oil takes everything off including waterproof eye makeup and water resistant sunscreens....all without stripping your skin. The cleanser has been compared to an expensive and top-rated Japanese DHC cleansing oil ($25). Palmer's is also top-rated but it costs only about $12. It's an oil cleanser but it won't leave an oil slick on your face...that's not how it works.

3a80c5ee-806c-44c8-b6a0-cfe8fa55ad96_1.60b8d045c64a69b22a05bf062fe285e6.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@KKJ 

Have you tried oil cleansing?

Years ago I tried Josie's argan cleansing oil but at the time didn't feel it cleansed well.  

Honored Contributor

Simple hydrating cleansing oil works great for me. Available at drugstores for $9 or so. 

Honored Contributor

Banilla Co. Clean It Zero for precleanse/makeup removal - apply to dry skin, massage in.  Add a little water and massage more.  Remove with a washcloth or makeup removal towel.  

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser to clean the skin. 

Respected Contributor

First aid beauty has a really good cream cleanser

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thanks for posting that picture. That is the oil cleanser I mentioned but I couldn't remember the name.

Honored Contributor

During my new skin care journey in 2020, I discovered the joys of of the double cleanse thanks to YTer James Welsh.  I discovered that a " squeaky clean" feeling is not what  you want from your facial cleansers.  That tends to strip your skin barrier.  I discovered that hydration is not the same as moisturizing.  

I start out with Tatcha Oil Cleanser (I also have TO's Squalane Cleanser).  Then on to Tatcha's Rice Wash...that's the double cleanse.  Next is Tatcha Rice Polish.  The rest of my routine is an essence and serums.  

Try a double cleanse and see if it makes a difference.  

Honored Contributor

@KKJ 

That's where double cleansing comes in.  I don't know anything about this  particular cleanser but I finally learned a double cleanse is what you need if wearing makeup.  I don't wear makeup every day but I do enjoy double cleansing everyday.