Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions for GOOD face cleanser

For years now I have been using TULA's cleansing gel and love it.  I used that in the morning and at night to remove makeup I use Elemis cleansing balm first (I like the rose one) and then followup with the TULA gel or sometimes use one of the TULA exfoliaters which are also great.

Trusted Contributor

I use creamy baby oil.  Make up (especially water proof mascara and eyeliner) is easily removed with minimal scrubbing.  Plus it does not hurt your eyes and it leaves your face feeling soft and smooth.  another bonus:  it is very inexpensive.

Respected Contributor

I double cleanse if I wear makeup or sunscreen.  I used to use oil but not crazy about that and then I used Cliniques cleansing balm which I liked.  Someone on the forums suggested Heimish cleansing balm that I get on Amazon (much cheaper).  I use it followed by Philosophy gel cleanser in a tube.  If you use the heimish alone your skin feels so clean without a residue.  

Respected Contributor

Take the Day Off from Clinique. The best!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

For eye makeup I recommend Huggies baby wipes in unscented, I think its called natural care now days.  Takes off Benefit's mascara, which I've found is untouched by other cleansers.  My point is one doesn't have to spend a huge amount of money to get results.  I use these baby wipes 90% of the time, but my foundation is BE  powder and perhaps it isn't getting into pores like a liquid would.  

Respected Contributor

I'm all about the double cleanse, especially when removing makeup.  I use Purity by Philosophy and since the pandemic with wearing masks and being pre-menopausal, I've been breaking out.  For that I use CeraVe SA Renewing Cleanser.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Take the Day Off from Clinique. The best!

@Jacie I alternate between this and Bye Bye Makeup (IT Cosmetics)!  

Super Contributor

So I use Almay Wipe it Never Happened eye product pads First....they remove any eye product, then I use a face cleanser. I just bought Josie Marins Pinneaple cleanser yesterday and I use an Dr Brand exfoliate once a week lately. Eye make up needs special attention!

Respected Contributor

Cetaphil Normal-to-Oily formula (there's also a "gentle" formula, but it doesn't remove my my makeup). This one removes everything, and doesn't strip my skin. I don't wear primers, separate sunscreens or anything waterproof, though.

Respected Contributor

My favorite cleansing balm is the Heimish All Clean Balm. I get mine from Amazon and it’s about $15. Mandy Davis MUA on YouTube put me on to this as a first cleanse and I love it. I recently got a Cereva Foaming Facial Cleanser and love it. 

I placed an order the other day with Ulta and bought the 3 pack of the Face Halo. I’m excited to try these.