Respected Contributor

Suggestions for GOOD face cleanser

One would think it wouldn't be hard to find one that thoroughly cleans all the makeup & dirt and grime but I've yet to find it.   I recently got Josie Maran's new pineapple cleanser as thought it looked like it would be good. It's not!  My eye makeup won't budge when I use it and I rub it in quite hard. This cleanser is a huge disappointment.  Turned channel over to HSN yesterday and saw Adrienne selling a pack of her Meltdown cleansers. I thought those looked interesting. Anyone use them and do they clean the face well?  Any others you recommend that takes off everything?  TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for GOOD face cleanser

The only one I use and love is the Tatcha Cleansing Oil.  It is worth every penny to me.  I wait until they have the supersize on and then I buy 2 .  I have dry skin and this does not leave me feeling dry.  I tried the Purity a while back and hated it.  It felt like slime on skin and could not stand it.

Esteemed Contributor

I used Adrienne's Meltdown cleanser years ago and liked it.   It did take all my face make up off.  Didn't use it on my eyes, since I prefer to use Lancome's BiFacil remover.

Contributor

I really like Dr. Denese's Hydrating Cleanser. 

Respected Contributor

That's why I love the Clarisonic. I did the Clarisonic test:

Cleaned my face with face cloth using my usual cleanser, Neutrogenia Ulta Gentle Cleanser. Afterward used the Clarisonic and the brush head was BROWN!! I love the Clarisonic. 

Honored Contributor

I have (older) oily skin - 

I use exfoliating bath gloves and a bar of soap:  Kiss My Face olive oil soap.

Lots of suds and gentle "scrubbing."  

Valued Contributor

Good molecules has a cleansing balm that is good for makeup removal and is not harsh at all. It is similar to IT's cleansing balm but not as expensive.

I use exposed skin care cleanser, and it will remove light makeup applications but for heavier applications I need to use a balm first. After cleasing with exposed I then will use Tatcha's gentle powder cleanser.

I have also used an oil cleanser from amazon sometimes to remove makeup first, but I always follow with the exposed cleanser.  HTH

Honored Contributor

I would not consider her Meltdowns to be a good facial cleanser, more like an old fashioned cold cream. If that is what you like, I personally would never use them. Korres makes a few good ones. Even drugstore like Garnier, Olay, Simple are pretty decent. . 

Honored Contributor

Adrienne does have a glycolic liquid cleanser that may be worth trying. 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ 

Have you tried oil cleansing?