Respected Contributor

Suggestions for Day Cream with high spf (can't get E Arden cream anymore)

I have dry skin. I'm in my 60s. Loved Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lift and Firm Day Cream spf 30 but apparently the company no longer makes this item. So I'm on the hunt for something similar and asking for suggestions.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Day Cream with high spf (can't get E Arden cream anymore)

[ Edited ]

@Kalliwrote:

I have dry skin. I'm in my 60s. Loved Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lift and Firm Day Cream spf 30 but apparently the company no longer makes this item. So I'm on the hunt for something similar and asking for suggestions.

Thanks!

@Kalli

I hate when they cancel the good stuff! Well, here's a suggestion. I highlighted in red the title and went to Ebay and 13 auctions came up for your cream.

I know some people wouldn't buy makeup on Ebay, but look at the ads, check out how long the seller has been in business and how many transactions they have.

This is a short term fix if there's no more to be found, but a jar or two could hold you over until you find your new favorite thing.

(Did you call the EA customer service number and ask about it?)

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@KalliI've been using DRMTLGY moisturizer. You can get it tinted or untinted both w/ spf 45. It has a pumper bottle which is clean and convenient.

No, it won't lift or firm, but no creams will do that. Expect moisture and some color from the tinted one that's enough for me w/o foundation. You certainly can use foundation on top.

Respected Contributor

I have used this and liked it very much. Worked well with foundation.

Toleriane Double Repair Facial Moisturizer with SPF

Respected Contributor

I give another vote for LAROCHE POSAY 30. I'm also loving ELF Holy Hydration 30. It's actually more moisturizing for me. I have very dry skin and live in cold Colorado. I'm 68 if that helps

Respected Contributor

@ShanusFunny you mentioned this brand. My friend just told me she has been using their tinted moisturizer for a few weeks and loves it. Just went to their website and they are giving 30 % off today. I am going to try their clear sunscreen.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Dr.Denese Day Cream. It's a multi task product--sunscreen, moisturizer and light foundation. It looks like your skin but better. Hope you have the same good results that I did.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli@The best way to find something similar would be to photograph the ingredients of your cream. Keep the photo and use the ingredient listing to find something similar. You could also post the photo here and some people might help you find something else. @Kalli Elizabeth Arden's website still has the cream left in their Last Chance section of the site. It's $89. Here's the list of ingredients.3F507CF5-4F77-4BD7-9749-2BE8C7DA4341.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Kalli@There's still some for sale on the Elizabeth Arden's website in the section called Last Chance.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a couple of suggestions... I like the IT Foundation Moisturizer, in the tube. It is much lighter in texture, than the CC Cream, and gives some coverage and good SPF.
One other surprise- I love drugstore Cerave Mineral Sunscreen, tinted. It has great slip, light coverage, good sunscreen, and it's easy to get and inexpensive. Just try it!