Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for BB Cream

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Quinny   I have a very fair/neutral skin tone. I've never found a BB cream or CC cream that was a good match or didn't oxidize. 

I went to a tinted moistuizer and then cover any imperfections w/ my concealer.

@Shanus a while ago you suggested tinted mosturizers.  Can you suggest a couple you like?  I've just about used up my Philosophy skin tint (discontinued) and need to purchase something with a light coverage.  Thank you!!

@Knit-Chick   I've used Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizer for over a decade...maybe longer. I suggest the best way to have a good match w/ a tinted moisturizer is to use a foundation (full or medium coverage) and mix it each day with a bit of your favorite moisturizer. You can adjust your coverage by adding more or less of either one.

Super Contributor

I Like Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue.  It is lightweight and has a good color range.

Trusted Contributor

bare minerals 

Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer  $29.00 for 2 on qvc

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Quinny   I have a very fair/neutral skin tone. I've never found a BB cream or CC cream that was a good match or didn't oxidize. 

@Shanus a while ago you suggested tinted mosturizers.  Can you suggest a couple you like?  I've just about used up my Philosophy skin tint (discontinued) and need to purchase something with a light coverage.  Thank you!!

@Knit-Chick   I've used Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizer for over a decade...maybe longer. I suggest the best way to have a good match w/ a tinted moisturizer is to use a foundation (full or medium coverage) and mix it each day with a bit of your favorite moisturizer. You can adjust your coverage by adding more or less of either one.

@Shanus  I've attempted to dilute a medium coverage foundation with moisturizer hoping for a better match without success. Do you have any suggestions for mixing the two products to obtain a smooth, even consistency?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus thank you very much!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  I've attempted to dilute a medium coverage foundation with moisturizer hoping for a better match without success. Do you have any suggestions for mixing the two products to obtain a smooth, even consistency?

@Quinny   Sorry you're having problems. I use a metal or glass palette when having difficulty. If using a thicker foundation, try to find a moisturizer with the same consistency. Runny foundations do better mixing w/ a more runny moisturizer. Usually equal amounts of each works for me. Mix it on palette with other end of brush before applying. I use a concealer for any imperfections. 

Honored Contributor

My most favorite BB cream ever is Tarte.  It's called the BB Tinted Treatment Primer.  I wore this for years as my foundation.  I personally cannot imagine putting another product over the top for my foundation. This provides excellant coverage but isn't heavy or cakey.  The downside is the shade selection stinks.

I have used the Missha and while I like the coverage, the smell is horrendous.  Overwhelming floral scent that I smelled on my face all day long.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Quinny wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Quinny   Sorry you're having problems. I use a metal or glass palette when having difficulty. If using a thicker foundation, try to find a moisturizer with the same consistency. Runny foundations do better mixing w/ a more runny moisturizer. Usually equal amounts of each works for me. Mix it on palette with other end of brush before applying. I use a concealer for any imperfections. 

@Shanus wrote:

@Quinny wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Thank you...  I was using the palm of my hand as a palette and using my finger as the "blender".