Trusted Contributor

I welcome any and all suggestions and tips for finding a BB cream with shades to complement my fair/light - cool/neutral skin tone. I have tried IT Cosmetics BB Cream, Purlisse BB Cream and Maybelline BB Cream. All of them turned an orangey-rose on my skin. I suddenly developed an allergy to the "hypo-allergenic" Marcelle BB cream I'd been using for the past 3 years.  Thanks to all!

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for BB Cream

I like Missha B perfect cover BB cream. I get it from Amazon.
Honored Contributor

@Quinny   I know Chanel has a CC cream and other light coverage foundations.  Check it out at Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Contributor

I have been using Thrive Causmetics CC cream for over a year as well as some of their other products.

The CC creme comes in many shades that you can see on their website. It also contains sunscreen!  Coverage is really good, not heavy like a foundation.

They also give back to women in need.  

Check out their website

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quinny   I have a very fair/neutral skin tone. I've never found a BB cream or CC cream that was a good match or didn't oxidize. 

I went to a tinted moistuizer and then cover any imperfections w/ my concealer.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I like Missha B perfect cover BB cream. I get it from Amazon.

@RollTide2008    this is the one I have been using too... very nice light coverage and love the sun protection too.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Quinny   I have a very fair/neutral skin tone. I've never found a BB cream or CC cream that was a good match or didn't oxidize. 

I went to a tinted moistuizer and then cover any imperfections w/ my concealer.

@Shanus a while ago you suggested tinted mosturizers.  Can you suggest a couple you like?  I've just about used up my Philosophy skin tint (discontinued) and need to purchase something with a light coverage.  Thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't mind a drugstore brand, I've been using the Loreal Magic BB cream in fair and it doesn't turn orange or rosy on my skin. I have neutral undertones and cannot wear anything that has the least bit of a yellow cast w/o looking ghastly. For summer I do add a bit of the medium shade to this fair product to warm up the color a bit to match the rest of my body. 

This stuff comes out of tube white and is a bit on the runny side. I put a very little, less than size of a dime, on back of hand, apply w/ fingers then buff w/ brush. I have had no breakouts or any other issues w/ this product. I have very sensitive skin. No scent that I can detect. 

Good luck.

bb cream.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 I've used the Loreal BB Cream in the 'green' version that evens out tone and redness.  I really like it and sometimes just use for a real light face.  I'll have to check out the regular BB cream.

Honored Contributor

@Quinny 

I am hard to match also.  For years I used CC s, and was happy

with it.  Lately, CC seems difficult to find, maybe it is out of style.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras