Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions For Good Quality Drug-store Face Moisterizers?

Cerave pm here too (I use it as a daytime and nighttime moisturizer). I sometimes later it with neutrogena hydro boost unscented.
Respected Contributor

I use Boots No.7, Restore and Renew both night, and day cream spf 30. I'm very happy with it, and my neck and decollette look great. Walgreens offers the best prices.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a simple, light solution of glycerin in water (misting bottle)...not too much glycerin but just enough to keep my skin moist. Glycerin is a water-soluble emollient used in many creams and lotions. That's as basic as it can get.

Valued Contributor

Cetaphil 

Honored Contributor

For me it would have to be anything that is not petroleum or mineral oil based. 

Trusted Contributor

Boots No 7.  Their products are great.  

Honored Contributor

I was traveling recently to the Midwest dry-dry area &

this was the only moisturizer I had for my body/face.  
I was surprised it worked as well as it did.

I like my oils but this is 👍 in a pinch.

F6D11FE5-248F-43DD-92DE-ED2269443EC2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

CeraVe is very good. If you need something more, Olay Regenerist is fantastic and comes in unscented. If you prefer a lighter gel cream, Neutrogena Hydro Boost is great. Going into winter, I would choose the Regenerist.

Respected Contributor

Wow...all good suggestions, and a few repeats on certain ones so I have plenty to choose from that sound good.  Cerave came up a lot, so I'll check it out (sounded like for some reason a few of you prefer the night cream, even during the day, not sure why, but noted!) 

Cetaphil is great, I've only used it as a great, unscented, body lotion, after my doc suggested it years ago.  In a pinch, when I'd run out of face cream, I'd use it also on my face, though they do have an actual face cream which is probably more moisterizing, which I've never tried.

That Boots7 product I've never even heard of, but a few of you gave that rave reviews.

And Olay regenerist...I was considering that too.

Only one here mentioned a cream with 30 spf in it, so I'll look into it.

I've always wondered...when using a separate spf sunscreen with regular moisterizer...which do you put on first?  I usually put moisterizer then sunscreen, but wondered.  I've only done that in summer, but am going to look into finding a cream with sunscreen in it...those beach sunscreens just seem to goopy, heavy for everyday use.

Anyway, thank you all for the great suggestions...I'm sure one or any of these will work out well!