Respected Contributor

Suggestions For Good Quality Drug-store Face Moisterizers?

I'm looking for suggestions to supplement what I usually use...Dr. Denese and Philosophy, for the past decade.

My current DD is from an auto-delivery pack of 4 items...and I'm only out of the face cream, so I don't want to reorder whole thing at this time. HIJ has gotten too expensive, (though I did just see a "deal" (for Philosophy) on Amazon.)

That said...I've been curious about simplifying to a good drugstore brand for a while...I was considering checking out ROC, Loreal or Nivea. Even Olay. But now there are SO MANY options even within a brand, just curious if any of you have one you like?  Also, any with SPF included?

My skin is normal to dry, btw.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions For Good Quality Drug-store Face Moisterizers?

Cetaphil

Honored Contributor

CeraVe. AM and PM lotions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I now use Olay Regenerist fragrance free Regenerating serum on a slightly damp face, then use Cerave PM moisturizer over it.  It's a lot cheaper and I love the way it makes my skin feel not greasy, but moisturized all day long.

Respected Contributor

@amyb  If you want a moisturizer with a thicker creamier texture, I recommend Cerave SkinRenewal Night Cream.  

But if you want a lighter feeling moisturizer, I recommend  Neutrogena Hydroboost Watergel or Garnier Skinactive Moisture Bomb.

If you want your SPF to be truly effective, I will apply sunscreen seperately.  

Frequent Contributor

Cerave all the way.

Respected Contributor

i also use cerave

Respected Contributor

Olay for everything.  The eye cream is great.  I use the Red jars, Regenerist.

Respected Contributor

I agree with porcelain and fancy pantsy. CeraVe.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree - CeraVe all the way!  You could do a search for the benefits of ceramides in skin care.  There are many.  For one, ceramides create a moisture barrier to retain moisture you already have in your skin.  WebMD magazine occasionally runs articles on how ceramides keep skin healthy, and they recommend CeraVe products for skin care.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt