Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions Cruelty Free Product Line

Hello, Katz25 and welcome. Smiley Happy

I know it's not cosmetics, but Nick Chavez' products are cruelty-free and he does make a body butter now.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katz25 wrote:

I just read that Laura Geller, Josie Maran, BE and Mally are cruelty free.  Lots of drugstore brands.  OMG I have tons of Skinn products wonder if Dimitri's products are cruelty free?

Most drugstore brands are NOT cruelty free, that is what you meant, right?

And BE is now owned by Shiseido which still tests ona animals. The rest- LG, Josie and Mally are cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

@Katz25 wrote:

I want totally cruety free line. If a company owns them that's not  I don't want to use it.  I am cleaning out and throwing away everything that isn't totally free.  That IT Cosmetics letter just made me mad and got me to thinking and I refuse to use any products that are animal tested any longer.

A company may not actually test on animals, per se.  However, they get information from companies that do test on animals.  

They're all in this together.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katz25 do you want just cosmetic lines or also skincare lines?

Here are some suggestions (anyone, please correct me if I am wrong!):

Cosmetics:

-colourpop

-Makeup Geek

-Paula's Choice

-SKINN

-Physcians Formula (drugstore)

-Jane Iredale

-Laura Geller

-Mally

-Kiko Milan

-Josie Maran

Skincare/bodycare/haircare:

-SKINN

-Isomers

-Paula's Choice

-Alpha Hydrox (drugstore)

-Shea Moisture/Nubian Heritage (Drugstore)

-Beekman 1802

-SHea Terra Organics

-Lalicious

-Josie Maran

-Tweak-d (from the guy who started Ojon)

I could go on and on!

Esteemed Contributor

Nature Clean - This is a Canadian brand, they make shampoos, conditioners, hand wash, body washes, lotions, and cleaning products. I've seen them in the organic food section of the grocery store.

There's a leaping bunny logo on the back of their packaging. I like their unscented shampoo and conditioner.

Their website is: naturecleanliving

Honored Contributor

I absolutely would recommend Skinn without reservation.

Valued Contributor

Hi Katz25

there are several that i really like Colourpop,  W3ll People , Rituel de Fille , Ilia , Soapwala

Living Libations , DryBar, Becca. The most helpful sight I have found is Logical Harmony . It is updated every week with its cruelty free brands lists. There is also a list of Cruelty free drugstore brands, Sephora & Ulta. I agree with those who will not use a brand that say they are cruelty free but the parent company is not ( this happened with Urban Decay) . There are also reviews of products and also a youtube channel with reviews, makeup tutorials etc. good luck in your search !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

Hi Katz25

there are several that i really like Colourpop,  W3ll People , Rituel de Fille , Ilia , Soapwala

Living Libations , DryBar, Becca. The most helpful sight I have found is Logical Harmony . It is updated every week with its cruelty free brands lists. There is also a list of Cruelty free drugstore brands, Sephora & Ulta. I agree with those who will not use a brand that say they are cruelty free but the parent company is not ( this happened with Urban Decay) . There are also reviews of products and also a youtube channel with reviews, makeup tutorials etc. good luck in your search !!

Ooh yes forgot about Ilia their lipgloss is my favorite ever in terms of consistency and feel and one of my favorite in two colors. Next on my list is to try their lipsticks. Have you tried their lipsticks @marmarbrooklyn?

I love RMS luminizer probably the best luminizer I've tried for my fair skin.

Valued Contributor

@haopydaze yes the ilia lipsticks are beautiful I have pink moon I also have their color stick All of me it's a beautiful watermelon pink for lips and cheeks i like their mascara too RMS is a wonderful brand but my skin breaks out from their coconut oil so I can't use them everyday I also like the Sappho line of concealer and foundation
Respected Contributor

I've just recently within the last couple of months started to try to switch over to cruelty free products. I was just appalled when I started looking into it and discovered how many brands still do animal testing, and gruesome testing at that,  just about everything in my local drugstore/grocery store and therefore in my home! It was actually making me sick to my stomach when I did a little looking into it. I guess I was naive enough to think that animal testing was a thing of the past, just done in other countries because we were too advanced for that. I guess that's what I get for being oblivious. Some of my products I've tossed but a lot of them I'm still trying to use up and then I will try to replace them with cruelty free options, mainly bath and body, fragrance, haircare, some skincare and just a bit of makeup. I don't want to just throw it all out, because some it was expensive, like my philosophy, and I can't return it, but I'll be glad when it's all out of here.

Does anyone out there know if "house brands" like Kroger are cruelty free? I shop at kroger every week and buy a lot of their house brand, everything from food to paper products, toiletries at times, etc. But I never see any of these brands listed on any of the lists that I've gone to. Thanks for the help!