Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Hot Rollers, pls....

On 1/16/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I have two sets of Calista Tools rollers. After trying numerous sets, these ones work the best for me. I get the best results when I also use Calista Tools Complete Texturizing Spray before I put the roller in. I've never tried the Caruso set, but have been tempted. I always wondered if they'd end up getting my hair wet.

jump4joy - my experience with them goes way back, too. It's been a lot of years since I had my Clairol Kindness Hairsetter kit.

No, that does not happen. You do, however, need to set your hair when it is completely dry.

Respected Contributor

I think the Caruso with steam is great for hair and doesn't do damage. It really curls my hair fast and the curl stays.

I believe it's for someone with very thick hair that it works best. I have shoulder length fine hair and my hairstyle looks atrocious when I use the Caruso.

It just needs very thick hair for it to look good.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two sets of Calista Tools rollers. After trying numerous sets, these ones work the best for me. I get the best results when I also use Calista Tools Complete Texturizing Spray before I put the roller in. I've never tried the Caruso set, but have been tempted. I always wondered if they'd end up getting my hair wet.

jump4joy - my experience with them goes way back, too. It's been a lot of years since I had my Clairol Kindness Hairsetter kit.

Jean do you have 2 sets because you need that many rollers to do your hair? My hold up has been I'm not sure that's enough rollers for me.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 betteb said:

I have two sets of Calista Tools rollers. After trying numerous sets, these ones work the best for me. I get the best results when I also use Calista Tools Complete Texturizing Spray before I put the roller in. I've never tried the Caruso set, but have been tempted. I always wondered if they'd end up getting my hair wet.<br /> <br /> jump4joy - my experience with them goes way back, too. It's been a lot of years since I had my Clairol Kindness Hairsetter kit.

Jean do you have 2 sets because you need that many rollers to do your hair? My hold up has been I'm not sure that's enough rollers for me.

I have two sets, a short and a long, because my hair has some layering. I use the short on the top and sides of my face, and the long ones for the rest. I don't use all of either set. When I first bought them, I got the short set (my hair was shorter). As my hair got longer I knew I'd need the longs. I looked into just buying some extra rollers, but price wise it came out better for me to just buy the whole kit and caboodle. Hence, two sets.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/16/2014 betteb said:

I have two sets of Calista Tools rollers. After trying numerous sets, these ones work the best for me. I get the best results when I also use Calista Tools Complete Texturizing Spray before I put the roller in. I've never tried the Caruso set, but have been tempted. I always wondered if they'd end up getting my hair wet.<br /> <br /> jump4joy - my experience with them goes way back, too. It's been a lot of years since I had my Clairol Kindness Hairsetter kit.

I have two sets, a short and a long, because my hair has some layering. I use the short on the top and sides of my face, and the long ones for the rest. I don't use all of either set. When I first bought them, I got the short set (my hair was shorter). As my hair got longer I knew I'd need the longs. I looked into just buying some extra rollers, but price wise it came out better for me to just buy the whole kit and caboodle. Hence, two sets.

Thanks, I also was torn on what size to order, so this tells me I need two sets.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

SmileOn 1/16/2014 winamac1 said:
On 1/16/2014 Harpa said:

I keep going back to Caruso. Got that when it first came out, and it is still going strong for me. I've used other hot rollers, but they're just gathering dust somewhere.

Caruso puts out steam, so never dries or fries your hair. For body, all I need is 3 minutes in! For tighter curl, 5 minutes. My hair is normal, but a lot.

Also it is quick, quick, quick! No clamps, but caps (which you steam, too.) And they stay in very well. (I may use a clip for my bangs area; I don't use the cap for that, and then in less than a minute or so.)

I do use the Chi styling for the shorter ends. (I love that thing, too.)

I can't believe the other roller sets that QVC has on, and you have to leave in your hair for 20 minutes! Caruso never takes that long!!

Harpa I've considered those, but I'm concerned the steam may actually be bad for my hair and damage it. Do you think your hair is in better condition with the steam? Also does the curl stay in? Thanks

Winamac,

I have found that steam is good for hair. My hairdresser has me sit under a steamer when I get my hair highlighted. (Not an air dryer). My hair is always healthy looking.

(I don't use the Caruso even though I have one for reasons in another post).