Honored Contributor

Suggestion for Hosts for Makeup shows!!!!

I watched a Tarte show the other night for the 1st time in over a year, very good show except the host nor the vendor ever mentioned what shades the models were wearing.

This is very important,especially when trying to sell foundation. Its great to go over all of the foundation colors, but mention the models shades when you show them...........

It would be most helpful!

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Hosts for Makeup shows!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I watched a Tarte show the other night for the 1st time in over a year, very good show except the host nor the vendor ever mentioned what shades the models were wearing.

This is very important,especially when trying to sell foundation. Its great to go over all of the foundation colors, but mention the models shades when you show them...........

It would be most helpful!

@CANDLEQUEEN   I think the vendor is partially to blame. I do notive that Laura Geller is the best at sometimes saying which shades models are wearing and when Bare Minerals is presented, shades are often  pointed out.

I tend to find a model who has a complexion close to mine...Amy, for me) and then I know whatever she's wearing would be my shade. It also helps to know lip and cheek shades, but rarely mentioned. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Hosts for Makeup shows!!!!

Years ago, they used to show you the actually shades (not just the chart), and swatches on the arm.  The face charts they put up are not all that helpful to me, I need to see the product.  Whether it's side by side with the compacts, swatches on the arm for liquids. Especially helpful when you are try to decide between fair and light and if something is too pink or too yellow.