Honored Contributor

Re: Suggested for Department Store or Boutique Lip Balm

On 8/18/2014 Smurfette said:

Here's another one to try: Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. Available at Sephora and worth every penny (although the packing stinks-it is a metal tube).

-Resveratrol: Provides antioxidant benefits equivalent to 15 glasses of red wine. -Medical-grade Lanolin -Jojoba Oil: Heals. Lanolin* (medical grade), Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Organic Agave Tequilana (blue agave) nectar**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Flavor, Vanillin, Siraitia Grosvenori (Monk Fruit)*, Vanilla Tahitensis (Vanilla) Fruit Extract*, Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinefera (Grape) oil*, Tocopherol acetate*, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (And) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*.

that sounds nice! I may give that a try at some point.

Respected Contributor

Smith's Rosebud Salve. You can purchase at Sephora for $6.00

Pure White Petrolatum (Surgical Grade), Cotton Seed Oil, Trade Secret Blend of Essential Oils, Botanicals.

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salve

Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

Smith's Rosebud Salve. You can purchase at Sephora for $6.00

Pure White Petrolatum (Surgical Grade), Cotton Seed Oil, Trade Secret Blend of Essential Oils, Botanicals.

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salve

This is my HG lip balm also. I put it on every night before bed and seldom suffer from chapped lips even in this dry climate

I always keep a few in my stash.

Valued Contributor

Fresh has always been my favorite expensive balm.

Super Contributor

Check out the Korean balms on ebay. Missha lip gloss is fantastic. They put oils in it and since I've been using them my lips are getting pretty lineless and I am almost 60. I have one of their (Korean) balms in pineapple and it makes my lips feel great. Some companies to check are, Missha, Etude House, Skinfood (natural products), Holika Holika, The Face Shop, Lioele and Tony Moly. Most are really inexpensive as well. The Missha lipsticks and glosses are my new HG.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite is EOS.

Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Check out the Korean balms on ebay. Missha lip gloss is fantastic. They put oils in it and since I've been using them my lips are getting pretty lineless and I am almost 60. I have one of their (Korean) balms in pineapple and it makes my lips feel great. Some companies to check are, Missha, Etude House, Skinfood (natural products), Holika Holika, The Face Shop, Lioele and Tony Moly. Most are really inexpensive as well. The Missha lipsticks and glosses are my new HG.

Kat, do you have any suggestions for above the lip lines? Too many years using a straw.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

Fresh seems to work the best for me. I always apply a lip balm before bed. This one prevents me from waking up with dry flaky lips.

Super Contributor

DERMSTORE LIP QUENCH. BEST STUFF ON EARTH. GO TO DERMSTORE AND CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS THEY ARE ALL 5 STARS. YOU CAN GET IT ON EBAY FOR 1/2 THE PRICE.
Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Kind1too said:
On 8/18/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Kat, do you have any suggestions for above the lip lines? Too many years using a straw.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Kind1too, I have the same problem except mine was cigarettes. Mine are softening but I keep moving between products. I use ASDM lip plumper serum for above my lips and not on my lips. I also alternate with the ASDM firming serum, glycolic cream, eye cream and a teeny tiny dab of retin-a. I figure if eye cream is good for the sensitive skin under the eyes it would be good for above the lips. My lines are better but I am not sure which product is doing it. I only use the glycolic and retin at night. I also just got a sample off of ebay for PTR Neuroliquid Volufill (I think that's the name) it is a gel cream that fills in lines. I tap that on above my lips to hide the lines. Plus it is good for your skin. I use that during the day. Sometimes under mu and sometimes on top. I realize I was not much help. BTW, an ebay seller is planning to list ASDM samples by the end of the week. You may find some samples to try. Also, exfoliate above your lips.