Super Contributor

Suggested for Department Store or Boutique Lip Balm

Thank you. I have tried a sample of Eve Loam Kiss Mix Lips............too menthol for me

I have tried Caudalie and I like it

I have tried Dior Rose Lip Balm

and Sisley ......love it.....but I bet it costs $50 and that is not in my price range

I am going to try Fresh Jojoba Shea Lips............but I don't like a cooling menthol and I don't like Burts Bees...........or any discount store.........so what do you suggest for dry chapped lips? Thank you. Happiness to all this week.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggested for Department Store or Boutique Lip Balm

Lately I've been loving Bija Body Bedside manner lip and hand treatment for my lips.

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Fair-Trade), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Honey (Organic), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract (Algea), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ascorbic Acid, Stearic Acid (Veg. Base), Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoat, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol

I also like straight Shea Terra organics Shea Nilotica- can be used all over but I really like to use it on my lips when they are chapped.

Jouer lip enhancer is nice too but I like the Bija better:

Polyisobutene, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, ozokerite, beeswax (cera alba), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl palmitate, tribehenin, sorbitan isostearate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, flavor (aroma); May contain (+/-): titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491,

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

Lately I've been loving Bija Body Bedside manner lip and hand treatment for my lips.

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Fair-Trade), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Honey (Organic), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract (Algea), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ascorbic Acid, Stearic Acid (Veg. Base), Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoat, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol

I also like straight Shea Terra organics Shea Nilotica- can be used all over but I really like to use it on my lips when they are chapped.

I recommend Skinn cosmetics-2 lip products are a must for me. The Lip 6x Serum and Lip 6x Balm. The combo is great in helping to plump as well as keeping lips moisturized and smooth. Skinn also has a lip scrub and lip mask. You can purchase at Skinn website or ShopHQ. This next weekend, ShopHQ is having full hour shows for this line, so perhaps these items will be on sale.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I was going to try those SKINN products but they contain peppermint oil, which I don't really like the tingling of and it can be drying. And the balm has a menthol derivative in it which I don't like in lip products either.

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

I was going to try those SKINN products but they contain peppermint oil, which I don't really like the tingling of and it can be drying. And the balm has a menthol derivative in it which I don't like in lip products either.

Yes, there is a slight minty taste. I love the results and I put the balm on before going to sleep, doesn't rub off-still on when I wake up. It's better than anything else that I used with exception of Sugar lip balm. The Sugar balm is my fav but the price of 25 is high, and it goes fast. Too costly for lip balm. I need to look at your list-thx.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

You request Dept. Store or Boutique. How about an indy on line?

I'm really pleased with the new lip balms from Dr. Jonathan's Berryworks. He's the "cranberry doctor" in Wisconsin who many of us here love to buy from after Lannie introduced us to his lotions and creams.

I've been a customer since 2011, and just a couple months ago I tried his new cranberry based lip balms. You say you don't like mint and I don't like mint in my lip balms either. He does have one choice that is mint, but he has 4 other choices with no mintiness. I like Strawberry Banana best and also the Coconut Lemon (reminds me of Sugar Balm) and Cherry Vanilla. There's also one called Tropical that I haven't tried yet.

They are $3.00 ea or 2 for $5.00. You can order them in any combination.

http://www.berryworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=LIPB

Ingredients are: Cranberry Oil, Beeswax, Almond Butter, Cocoa Butter, Natural Flavor.

And remember, Dr. Jonathan never tests on animals. In his own words:

"My products are never tested on animals. I test all new products on my wife, children, and in-laws prior to sale." LOL!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

Burt's Bees for inexpensive - comes in a variety. Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment w SPF 15 on the high end.

Super Contributor

Here's another one to try: Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. Available at Sephora and worth every penny (although the packing stinks-it is a metal tube).

-Resveratrol: Provides antioxidant benefits equivalent to 15 glasses of red wine. -Medical-grade Lanolin -Jojoba Oil: Heals. Lanolin* (medical grade), Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Organic Agave Tequilana (blue agave) nectar**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Flavor, Vanillin, Siraitia Grosvenori (Monk Fruit)*, Vanilla Tahitensis (Vanilla) Fruit Extract*, Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinefera (Grape) oil*, Tocopherol acetate*, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (And) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*.
Super Contributor

I love Kiehls lip balm. Different scents/flavors.

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Yahooey said:

Burt's Bees for inexpensive - comes in a variety. Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment w SPF 15 on the high end.

OP said she doesn't like Burt's bees..