Respected Contributor

Re: Suggested for Department Store or Boutique Lip Balm

On 8/18/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I like the Fresh Lip treatment and the Josie Maran argan stick (clear - the colored ones leave my lips very dry). Sarah Happ Lip Slip is great, too. It's very thick, so I use it only at night.

What is it with those Fresh balms? My lips always feel dry when I use the colored ones.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I do like the clear one though but I still always put a lip color over it, except at night.

Honored Contributor

Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper:

-) Cheap ($2/less)

-) Sold everywhere...Walmart, Target, grocery stores, Ulta

-) Light rosy tint

-) No menthol, moisturizing but not too 'slippery'

-) I've been using Lip Smackers for decades. It still has same formula since the 70's

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:
On 8/18/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I like the Fresh Lip treatment and the Josie Maran argan stick (clear - the colored ones leave my lips very dry). Sarah Happ Lip Slip is great, too. It's very thick, so I use it only at night.

What is it with those Fresh balms? My lips always feel dry when I use the colored ones.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I do like the clear one though but I still always put a lip color over it, except at night.

same here if I use them more than a couple times. Strange, huh??

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Shout out to HappyDaze - Just an FYI, I replied to you again regarding Meow Cosmetics on the Beauty Day thread. Kiss

oh thanks I will go check it out! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 azterry! said:
On 8/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

Smith's Rosebud Salve. You can purchase at Sephora for $6.00

<p class="sku-ingredients">Pure White Petrolatum (Surgical Grade), Cotton Seed Oil, Trade Secret Blend of Essential Oils, Botanicals.

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salve

This is my HG lip balm also. I put it on every night before bed and seldom suffer from chapped lips even in this dry climate

I always keep a few in my stash.

I like the Rosebud Salve in the tube, easier to apply and a bit less messy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Not applicable

On 8/18/2014 azterry! said:
On 8/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

Smith's Rosebud Salve. You can purchase at Sephora for $6.00

<p class="sku-ingredients">Pure White Petrolatum (Surgical Grade), Cotton Seed Oil, Trade Secret Blend of Essential Oils, Botanicals.

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salve

This is my HG lip balm also. I put it on every night before bed and seldom suffer from chapped lips even in this dry climate

I always keep a few in my stash.

Mine too. I always have the tin in my purse. Can't beat the price.
Super Contributor

I know you don't like discount store but have you tried the EOS lip balms? I found they worked very well for me, especially last winter when my lips were chapped. Personally I found the Fresh balm very ineffective.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for the great suggestions..........I will try them.........and I will try EOS........

Esteemed Contributor

Have you thought about making your own?

Get ahold of some beeswax, some coconut oil and some shea butter and you can make a decent balm...just re-use a tube/tin/jar from a lip balm you've used up.

There are A TON of tutorials on YouTube and on other sites. Lip balms are super-easy to make, for very little money per unit.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org