Respected Contributor

Sugar anyone? Did you give or get or gift yourself any fragrances for xmas or makeup?.

Whoa! My HG loves gourmand perfumes on me (I like them as well but this is overload)     Ok, first, I got " Viva La Juicy Sucre" for our grandaughter's first perfume. I tryed it out first & hubby loved it on me & suprisingly he got it. Age is number ladies & it's geared toward the teens & 20's BUT if one thing that infuriates me is when anyone mentions "Not for old ladies" or "Oh no, that smells like an old lady perfume" Got off subject. The bottle is just sweetly beautiful! Wish I had this as a teenager!                                                                                                           "Pink Sugar by Aqualina!!!!                                                                                                       Last but not least & my favorite is "Victor & Rolf's Bon Bon" Been waiting on that for a while.                                                                                                                                                 I have other gourmand fragrances so I am set for a long time. Oh, a friend gave me a sample gift set of scents that has a gift card for a purchase of a full size. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sugar anyone? Did you give or get or gift yourself any fragrances for xmas or makeup?.

I love the Pink Sugar scent I have not used it in a long time

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Sugar anyone? Did you give or get or gift yourself any fragrances for xmas or makeup?.

My DD gave me a bottle of Jo Malone. I hope the trend continues. Love it 

Esteemed Contributor

No, but I wouldn't have minded.  I love to wear fragrance, though I have lots and don't need one more right now!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxoxI looked up reviews on Pink Sugar & most fragrance lovers recommend keeping it in its tube. They say it turns quickly if not. Out of the 3 I mentioned that lasts on me the longest & the least expensive. I have alway been curious & have seen it for 20.00 for the large bottle at TJmax & Sephora sells it for 60!

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy wearing Pink Sugar. Whenever I run out I usually end up buying some more. Last time I wore it, a stranger standing near me said:  "I smell cookies".Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Gifted myself a set of four rollerball fragrances from Philosophy.  So far, I've only tried Amazing Grace and it's okay but those who said the scent doesn't last long were right.

Respected Contributor

@TexasmouseHow long does it last on you? If you love it then the rollerball is the way to go. I have some perfumes that don't last after a few hrs. but altho I can't smell it others can. Would I repurchase those no! I do have some rollerballs & 20ml. sprays that I keep in my purse if I need to reapply but I have to love the scent to re- purchase & it has to last at least 4 hrs. I want the rollerball of Bon Bon altho it has a med. 6hr. lasting power on me. One of my favorites is VR flowerbomb which I do have the rollerball. I prefer a soft scent with moderate silage that is not overpowering. I know flowerbomb is compared to La Vie est belle but flowerbomb is a softer scent & on me the staying power is about the same.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella the scent only seemed to last a few minutes but I don't know if someone else would be able to smell it on me. Having rollerballs will make it easy for me to carry them to work in my purse and reapply periodically. If I find I really like one or more of the fragrances, I can purchase those individually or put them on my gift list later.

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

My DD gave me a bottle of Jo Malone. I hope the trend continues. Love it 

Me too and the body creme. it was Mimosa and Cardamom. Smells like Florida orange blossoms a bit. My favorite.