Valued Contributor

Suave Visible Glow self tanner lotion is really good!

I picked up a tube of this to give it a try on my legs before I wear shorts next week on vacation. Really natural and buildable seft tanner that is light and does the trick. I got the Medium to Dark. The smell is a bit annoying but goes away a bit after it fully dries down in about half an hour.

If you are looking for a dupe for St. Tropez, this is it if you are not sensitive to scent. No gloves needed and I just wash my hands after applying. No streaking or accumulation on ankles and knees either. I like this better than the Jergens, which never really worked for me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suave Visible Glow self tanner lotion is really good!

I bought that a few years back, loved it, and then it disappeared from the stores. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I would have known about the Suave before I spent the money on the Q's expensive self tanners. Of course I'll try the Suave too.

Valued Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

I bought that a few years back, loved it, and then it disappeared from the stores. 

I picked it up on clearace at The Christmas Tree Shop so maybe it is. Oh no.

Occasional Contributor

Amazon has it.

Trusted Contributor

When I got it 2-3 years ago, it was from maybe Target ?  For $5. I thought why not try it and it was better than the others.  I'll check out Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

Never tried the Suave but I've used the Jergens brand every summer for years.

I don't want to be dark, I just want to knock off some of the 100 watt white on my legs.

Honored Contributor

My question is concerning the ingredients, is it full of the junk that is in Jergens, mineral oil, petro, DMDM Hydantain, parabens, and the list goes on. 

Valued Contributor

I recently bought the CVS brand that is comprable to Jergens.   I select the light to medium and I love it.  It does NOT smell like a self tanner and all I do is wash my hands afterwards....no weird streaking etc.   I think the price was $8.99 but they usually have specials online.