Valued Contributor

Hello ladies.  Anyone use Suave S/C?  Looking for recs for  volumizing and or moisture.  Thanks!

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

@bunjetto

I've posted on other threads that I finally, after reading about Suave Professionals Almond + Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner for so long here on the forum, picked up a set of two 28-ounce bottles for under five bucks at Walmart last month.

Have you checked out Suave's website and all the different formulas?  I almost picked up a couple more varieties this week but I resisted the urge.  All I know is that I was ready to shave my head a month ago and now I look forward to washing my hair.

I thought I was happy with my pricey salon products until I noticed the terminal dandruff.  Desperate, I picked up a couple jugs of Head & Shoulders at Costco.  Not only did the dandruff get worse, but my hair looked and felt like steel wool.

I recommened researching the formulas then making a small investment.  Try it.  You can always use the conditioner to shave your legs and the shampoo to clean makeup brushes if you aren't impressed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I have used Suave Professionals Volumizing for years. My boss,who can afford any price point, uses their Moroccan line of products. She tried them while visiting her daughter and loved them.  Everyone is different, but I am not interested in splendor lots on shampoo. My hairstylist says my hair is very healthy.Look in the travel sizes .... suave has some of these and you are not stuck with a huge bottle if you don't like it.  

Valued Contributor

Apparently I am in a minority with this, but here goes: I honestly can not tell any difference in my hair with expensive vs. affordable shampoo and conditioners. Okay, expensive for me is anything I can purchase from a beauty supply store (Nexxus, Redken, etc.) Living Proof is not at a price I'm willing to pay, so I'd hate to try it and discover that IT is worth the $ and would suddenly turn me into a loyal follower. Occasionally I use a thickening mousse or gel - some with good outcome. I was a little embarrassed several years ago telling my hairdresser that I liked my hair texture after leaving the pool. She suggested sea salt spray, and I've used it since - any brand. When Suave makes sea salt spray, I'm there. Suave is good to me!

Honored Contributor

@bunjetto,   I am an Aquage volume shampoo lady (no sulfates & also for color treated hair).  I no longer color my hair but it's still good to have.  I do have other volume shampoos:  Acure Organics and Avalon Organics.  Avalon Organics is more reasonably priced.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Suave Haircare...

[ Edited ]

@sallybusky, I don't know what one of the local pools has in their water but my hair seems to love it. I have a perm in my hair & when I go to this one particular pool, when my hair gets wet, as it dries it becomes really full & curly, i have no idea what's making it do this.

I told my stylist about this, she told me that I should take a few empty spray bottles & fill them up with pool water.  (no, I didn't do it)

Respected Contributor

I am not fond of their volumizing shampoos  but the macadamia white orchid is a good moisterizing shampoo  and the Argan Oil One.  I still prefer salon brands.  They are gentler and a lot less hair loss  but i do switch out with Suave  its the next best thing. I do not know why but the macadamia White Orchid seems hard to find but its very moisterizing

Valued Contributor

Thank you ladies for the info.  Checking it out Smiley Happy

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

Any and all Suave products (hair & body) irritate my skin badly, but I do like Tresemme Shampoos & Conditioners (they have lots of different formulas). Also their hairspray and sea salt spray are very good for my hair.

Respected Contributor

Upon recommendeations from this forum, I bought  Suave Professionals Almond + Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner .  It was on sale at  Rite Aid - two 28 oz bottles for 5 dollars so I figured I have nothing to lose if I don't like it!  So far I love it.  It is doing a much better job moisturizing my hair than my expensive salon brand shampoo and condition.