Respected Contributor

Re: Stylist was "wowed" by how fast my hair has grown thanks to SilleeMee

@ID2 wrote:

I'm very sceptical if a diatary supplement is making your hair grow faster. It's Summer!! Everyone's hair grows faster during the Summer months, its a known fact. Woman Happy

I am the OP and started this thread on June 6--not the middle of July.  So the increased hair growth was occuring in May.  My stylist has been doing my hair for years.  I had never had this length of gray roots between hair trims and she had to cut more off the length than she usually does.  I go every 5 weeks.

Respected Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I know for a fact that the right combination of supplements can make hair grow faster. I experienced it myself, when I took vitamins separately - not in a multivitamin -  along with other nutritional supplements.

This was years ago. I stopped because buying vitamins separately became too much for my budget. Back then I was trying vitamins for health benefits and not hair growth so that was an unexpected result.

I wish I had been able to keep it up.  My hair is thinning now and I haven’t found anything that helps.  I took Viviscal with zero results.  Biotin the same. I just started the bamboo powder, so I hope that works.

I never see any shedding. My hair just seems to be evaporating into thin air.

I am 4 months and 2 weeks in to using the Hairmax Prima 9 Laser Comb, which was the last Hairmax TSV.  I am seeing new hair on the top of my hairline and have photos to show it!  It really works!  If you can afford it the next time it is a TSV, I highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor

No claims have been made that the silica powder will sprout new hairs. But what it has done for many people is keep the hair from falling out which, over time, will lead to a fuller head of hair.  I have experienced this myself and I love it !  Give it at least 3 to 4 months to see a difference. My hair became thicker per strand as well  as faster growth. Less hair in my brush and in the shower drain was proof enough for me. I'm sticking with it...forever.Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

Please do a little research if you have any health issues. I looked it up on Livestrong and it does have some potentially serious side effects. 

Respected Contributor

I find that mixing the 1/4 tsp. in orange juice works best to hide the chalky taste.  I just use about 1/3 glass, mix and drink fast, then swish out the glass with water and drink that too.  Very tolerable.