Honored Contributor

Re: Stumbled upon SHOP HQ...

On 7/12/2014 icezeus said:

I had heard of them and from time to time I would switch over to the channel. It seems as if they were always selling watches. I started calling them the "Watch Channel". A few nights ago I flipped by and they had their version of a TSV. It was a Madi Claire purse, which I have never heard of before, but I thought it was a cute purse. I made my first purchase.

I've been curious about the madi claire for a while now but have yet to purchase. I note from the comments here that people are liking them so I may take the plunge
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/12/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 7/12/2014 icezeus said:

I had heard of them and from time to time I would switch over to the channel. It seems as if they were always selling watches. I started calling them the "Watch Channel". A few nights ago I flipped by and they had their version of a TSV. It was a Madi Claire purse, which I have never heard of before, but I thought it was a cute purse. I made my first purchase.

I've been curious about the madi claire for a while now but have yet to purchase. I note from the comments here that people are liking them so I may take the plunge

I actually did a Google search on the brand since I had never heard of them. I read several positive reviews, and that's why I took the plunge. HTH :-)

Respected Contributor

I stumbled across them (literally) during one of their fashion days in May. The prices were extremely reasonable, the shipping was $2.99, and the styles seemed fresh. I think I bought 4 things that day and am happy with each one. (One World & ADressing Woman). My style tends to be a little trendy in the Spring and Summer, more classic in the Fall and Winter so it was just right for adding to my summer wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I have ordered from SHQ is Isomers. Hope they have free shipping on her next visit in Aug. I have passed last couple of times she was on because there was no free shipping. I mostly order Andrew Lessman on HSN. But they are expensive & I spend plenty for his products.

Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 betteb said:
On 7/11/2014 Penellope said:
On 7/11/2014 KateChopin said:
On 7/11/2014 kachina624 said: When you return an item they do not refund your original shipping charge. It can be an expensive proposition.

Ahhh...this is very good to know! I would def have learned the hard way... Thanks!

No one refunds the original shipping charge.

Oh yes, QVC does.

QVC certainly does refund the original shipping charges on refunds. So does HSN. I am very careful what I buy from ShopHQ because of the fact that they don't and therefore the whole unwise purchase becomes quite expensive. I find the Madi Claire handbags stiff and more like cheap plastic even though they do have a lot of bling; zipper broke after being used twice. They have other classic handbags on sale from time to time that seem to be excellent buys. Do think the Elizabeth Grant products are great for the money, also they sell good watches and the quality of the jewelry is nice.Used to buy clothing from Pamela McCoy but haven't had any luck with the newer lines of clothing.

Frequent Contributor

I too stumbled upon shophq yesterday. Bought several Kate & Mallory items. S&H was 2.99 on everything clearance. And the clearance prices were truly clearsnce, unlike QVC'S .24 cents off an item that they call clearance. Can't wait to get my order, the items were really cute.
Honored Contributor

I have 3 MC purses from ShopHQ. One of them is stiffer than I'd like but the other two are on the softer side. I've had so many compliments on all three of them Smiley Happy I caught the strap on one and pulled loose the button thingy that held it together. DH was able to put it back together and it's held fine ever since. The one issue I have with ShopHQ (and they may have fixed it by now) is the amt of time it takes to reach a customer service rep.

Honored Contributor

yeah their clearance is truly clearance! I saw a cute pair of shoes on the website for $80. Decided not to get them a week or so later the same shoes popped up for 50! Now that's a clearance price!
Respected Contributor

I love Waterford and some of the jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Penellope said:
On 7/11/2014 KateChopin said:
On 7/11/2014 kachina624 said: When you return an item they do not refund your original shipping charge. It can be an expensive proposition.

Ahhh...this is very good to know! I would def have learned the hard way... Thanks!

No one refunds the original shipping charge.

Au contraire ... QVC and HSN refund the original shipping. They deduct an amount from your total refund if you use their prepaid return label, but if you pay out-of-pocket for the return, you will see that the refund is the to the penny exactly what you were charged for the purchase.