Super Contributor

I love Holly , so I wanted to see what her product are like,  I am 50 have some fine lines under eyes , so most concealer will crease alittle  .  Wow the Stoke of beauty concealer, no creasing at all.  I am amazed.  I also tried the mascara which is really really nice too.

Love Holly and am glad her products are nice, I wish she was still on QVC

Honored Contributor
Many years ago met her in person at Nordstrom's...lovely lady.
Respected Contributor

@beautydiva wrote:

I love Holly , so I wanted to see what her product are like,  I am 50 have some fine lines under eyes , so most concealer will crease alittle  .  Wow the Stoke of beauty concealer, no creasing at all.  I am amazed.  I also tried the mascara which is really really nice too.

I also love her concealer.  She is having a 50 percent off sale with free shipping for new customers.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Regular Contributor

I love both her concealer and her mascara.  I contacted the company via Facebook and a foundation is in the works.  I'll get it as soon as it's available.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

@beautydiva wrote:

I also love her concealer.  She is having a 50 percent off sale with free shipping for new customers.

Which shade do you have?  I'm typically a light, but this looks to run light.  Does anyone have the light and or the medium?  Thanks!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Love to read wrote:

I love both her concealer and her mascara.  I contacted the company via Facebook and a foundation is in the works.  I'll get it as soon as it's available.

What's her mascara like?  Is it like any on the Q or a drugstore?  Does it lengthen and or volumize? Thanks!  

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@mom2four wrote:

@beautydiva wrote:

Which shade do you have?  I'm typically a light, but this looks to run light.  Does anyone have the light and or the medium?  Thanks!

@winamac1 I'm also a light (with pink undertones) and have the concealer in light.  It is a good match for me.  Based on the Evine pictures, the medium might be more yellow-based.  The light is not as pink-based as the picture shows.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@mom2four wrote:

@beautydiva wrote:

@winamac1 I'm also a light (with pink undertones) and have the concealer in light.  It is a good match for me.  Based on the Evine pictures, the medium might be more yellow-based.  The light is not as pink-based as the picture shows.  

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stroke of Beauty

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Love to read wrote:

What's her mascara like?  Is it like any on the Q or a drugstore?  Does it lengthen and or volumize? Thanks!  

@winamac1

I use and really love Holly's mascara. I was extremely impressed the first time I'd used it. It has a thinner consistency that immediately curls and lengthens and lightly volumnizes on me with one swipe. A second swipe increased the volume. I am comfortable with the look I get with two swipes and didn't feel I needed more, creating a very flattering daytime look. I haven't glammed it up for a more dramatic effect but it certainly can be done. My lashes are separated beautifully, great staying power, the curl holds, no flaking, no muss or fuss applying whatsoever. 

I do use IT's Superhero. This one on me has a much thicker consistency with a heavier and very dramatic coverage. Also can be clumpy without careful application but it has its place and I do like it. 

I haven't used a drugstore mascara in eons so I can't help you there. I've purchased Prescriptives mascara on line but would repurchase Holly's instead. With the current sale, free shipping and her 60 day return policy it certainly bodes looking into. I highly recommend trying it even without the sale!

I tried most everything she currently offers and have been very pleased too. The only I haven't tried is her concealer. 

Hope this helps...

Super Contributor

I bought the meduim concealer.  I have neutral toned skin and its on the light side of light skin..  I agree the fair is more for pink toned skin.  I find the medium is more neutral yellow based.  I love it, it the only thing that doesn't crease. 

The mascara gives nice lenght and volume and nice and black and removes very easy which is a plus.  

I am looking forward to a foundation.