Respected Contributor

Re: Stroke Of Beauty went out of business

Sorry about the business closing. I always enjoyed watching Holly, no matter what line she represented. Her CS rep was also very sweet. As someone else said, it's a tough business but these days, what isn't!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

As talented as she is, whatever company she ends up with will be darn lucky to have her.  I'm confident we'll be seeing her soon.

She's such a classic beauty too.  Enjoyed watching her when she was at the Q with Smashbox.

Contributor

Stroke of beauty cosmetics are currently on Amazon and the prices are cheap cheap cheap.
Honored Contributor

I have always liked and enjoyed watching Holly. She was a true teacher! I loved her with Smashbox..Her line Stroke of Beauty wasn't unique in any way, and I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering when she would be back on tv....

I think she will land on her feet and we will see her again......I follow her on Facebook, and she has a beautiful family.......

Respected Contributor

That's too bad, she had some great products.  I'm happy I got to purchase them.  But she did need to develop more, especially a foundation or tinted moisturizer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Awhile back I'd placed an order directly thru her site. In speaking with her very good customer service rep I'd learned there were new products in the pipeline and coming soon. I also shared many items I'd be interested in seeing ( ie age appropriate finishes etc) and shared these would very much appeal to her "older" customers too. I learned her marketing rep lived a couple miles from me and expressed a serious interest in being a tester. I'd was even willing to pay for the products as I thought there'd be a strong interest that I'd love to explore and be a part of sharing. Unfortunately, I never saw the soon to be released items mentioned appear nor did I hear from the local rep. It's a shame that the company has shut down. I enjoy the high quality of the products I've tried and Holly is a marvelous MUA and educator. I wish her well.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the pleasure of meeting Holly a few times at Bloomingdale's when she was working for Smashbox.  She is such a talented makeup artist that I don't think there is a face she can't enhance whether she's starting with your bare face, or making an enhancement to  already impeccably applied makeup.  I'm sure if it's her choice to work for someone else, that she would have no problem latching onto an existing company.  If she chooses to hold out for another venture on her own, I hope the next one proves to be more successful.  In the meantime I believe Holly is still married and has yong children who can keep her plenty busy.  

Honored Contributor

She is so pretty and so talented....she will do just fine!

Trusted Contributor

I was also curious since I hadn't seen her on Evine in a long time. It looks like she is now doing consulting with "Mother Color Beauty" based on her LinkedIn profile.