Super Contributor

Strengthening shampoo/conditioner

So I’ve noticed that I have a lot of broken hairs recently. My hair seems well-conditioned but I’ve got more stray short spiky hairs than usual at the top half of my head. Looking for recommendations for products to strengthen. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Strengthening shampoo/conditioner

@StillRachB

Check your hairbrush first. If any of the tips are broken, they will tear your hair.  Otherwise, the fuzzies at the top are probably just new hair growth.  

Super Contributor

@lolakimono my brush is great! I use a Wet Brush, all coated tips intact!
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB  Mine was breaking off and barely showed any growth because of it.  I started using Carol's Daughter (HSN) Black Vanilla products and now very little if any breakage.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pantene Full & Strong shampoo & conditioner - both in white bottles  - because when scanning shelves for a particular shampoo it can make you dizzy with all the choices thus a clue what to look for if you decide to try it.

No doubt the Wenners will have good suggestions for you if you don't mind spending the $$$ to go that route.

Super Contributor

Thanks @shaggygirl. I hate Wen 😬
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StillRachB wrote:
Thanks @shaggygirl. I hate Wen 😬

@StillRachB I hear ya. Been there done that, didn't fall in love. But happy for those who have had fabulous results.

Honored Contributor

You may want to have your thyroid/hormones checked. Not to freak you out, but sometimes brittle hair can be a symptom that something’s awry. 

In the meanwhile, I’d try cutting back on frequency of shampooing, blow drying and using hot styling tools. If hair is longer and you pull it back w/ coated elastics, head bands, etc. that can also cause stress.

I find a satin pillowcase very helpful since hair slides on it and doesn’t snag on other fabrics.