Trusted Contributor

I'm looking for a brand that covers white roots and gives hair a sheen. 

Any help appreciated.

Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

Anyone? 

ThanksCat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Any help appreciated.

Cat Very Happy

I really love L'Oreal Excellence. Preference is also good. My hair is always full of body, shiny and very natural looking. I have had my hairdresser do my color but her products have never worked as well as L'Oreal... 

Good luck @skittles2!

Respected Contributor

The VERY best I ever found was Hydrience by Clairol but of course it was discontinued so I pick mine up on ebay. When they run out there..... I'm in blonde trouble.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Excellence for years also.

Valued Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@skittles2 wrote:

Any help appreciated.

Cat Very Happy

I really love L'Oreal Excellence. Preference is also good. My hair is always full of body, shiny and very natural looking. I have had my hairdresser do my color but her products have never worked as well as L'Oreal... 

Good luck @skittles2!

@Trinity11  ITA - I 've been usng L'Oreal Excellence for years (reddish brown) and it does a great job covering my white/gray hair, giving it body and shine.  Whenever I've discussed my hair color with anyone, I'm told it looks very natural.  I was letting my white/gray grow in, but went back to coloring with L'Oreal Excellence in April and don't regret it.

@skittles2- Hope you find something that works for you!

Honored Contributor

Revlon Colorsilk, been using it for 20 years. Only $3 at Target and Walmart, permanent, ammonia free.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Store hair color

[ Edited ]

My hair is naturally multi shades of blondes to medium brown, now I also have pure white in sporadic places with some areas having too much white which washes me out. 

When I go to my colorist-and Im not very consistent- I have her put color on certain strands of white only.

This time I wanted to go ahead and do it myself which I've done in the past. I usually use the 10min for quickness or the mousse that can be used for additional uses. It's nice for touchups.

I thought there may be an better brand for white hair coverage with a nice gloss to it.

I wouldn't mind putting a little more color than just various strands groups, but I really hate the upkeep of all the white roots colored. With my hair it's better to keep sporadic white groups so as the roots show they can mix in with the purposely left white areas and not be as noticeable for a little while longer.

@Trinity11 I know what you mean,  I've had some of my colorist's brand look dull after 2 weeks. 

@silkyk LOL, "Blonde trouble"

@Krimpette & @qtrmoonlady1 Thanks for your input!

@Shelbelle I have used Colorsilk too, when I didn't have white roots, good to know it's still good and a bargain. 

ThanksCat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Also, A few times my colorist's brand  pulled red on my white hair- too much, is there a brand which has less of that or a brand to stay away from because of that?

thxCat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor
I have used and loved Loreal Preference or Excellence for years. I am always happy. I used something else twice and I regretted it and had a weird color once and breakage another time. Never changing. And I have red hair which is hard to match. Theirs is perfect.