Trusted Contributor

Storage ideas for large makeup collection?

I just got a new vanity, and I refuse to start throwing all my makeup in the drawers and ruining it.  I have a lot of makeup, I need somthing that will hold all of it and is easily accessible.

I would love something like a small rolling cart, or something along that line, but I am open to any suggestions you all might have.  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Storage ideas for large makeup collection?

Amazon and Walmart Sterilite  2 set of 3 rolling drawers.  There is also a set for only $7.00.

SET OF 2 Sterilite 3-Drawer TEAL Large Rolling Storage Cart Home Organizer

Esteemed Contributor

These plastic Sterilite Rolling Carts - drawers don't open/close easily. I bought one last year and use it in my bedroom. I rolled it over a small rug near my bed - and one wheel broke off. Very flimsy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out Ikea's Alex drawers. There are other companies who make similar ones. But Ikea makes a quality product. Ikea also makes dividers that fit inside the drawers.

Alexdrawersvanity_1_grande.jpg

@Sue98 

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

These plastic Sterilite Rolling Carts - drawers don't open/close easily. I bought one last year and use it in my bedroom. I rolled it over a small rug near my bed - and one wheel broke off. Very flimsy.

@kivah Oh my!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon.  I just looked up "makeup storage".  Seville Classics.  

Seville Classics Large 10-Drawer Organizer Cart, White

I found a small wooden drawer 7 set out of a catalog years ago.  I still use it and it's rubbed in blue which is perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

Craft carts as pictured by another poster are terrific . Clear bins the best

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has storage for all of your makeup storage needs. If you search makeup cases, many beautiful and sustantial looking  cases are there. Some are excellent to take with you on vacation.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I have one of those three drawer holders with wheels. I slide it under the sink where someone built a vanity space, then added a toilet next to it so no chair will fit. It holds alot. I also bought from QVC two Sorbus acrylic units for my smaller pieces. Yes, I have a lot of makeup.

Respected Contributor

@Sue98  I did have a huge makeup collection & I had it in a craft cart on wheels. (Now I have downsized to a large collection & got rid of the cart.)

But, yeah. Skip the cheap Sterilite draws. Too flimsy.

There are a lot of options out there. Staples, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Joann's, Walmart, etc.

Look until you find something that suits you, at a decent price.