Honored Contributor

Stop with the False Mascara claims

It Cosmetics was just on selling their mascara duo.  The model obviously has used the eyelash product to make her lashes grow like spiders.  Do you actually think women are that gullible  to believe that the mascara will give that kind of length?  First of all it looks ugly but it is insulting to women that you are making these false claims.  You are not the only ones, I have seen Mally use the same false mascara approach and Laura Geller.  Come on ladies, stop it!!!!!!!!    Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Stop with the False Mascara claims

The model I saw had pretty decent eyelashes naturally.

Show it on someone who needs it.

Trusted Contributor

No different than magazine ads and TV ads for mascara when it's so blatantly obvious they are wearing false eyelashes.  I don't feel insulted at all because I use my own good judgement ... the joke is on them.

Trusted Contributor

On another note, I purchased the mascara duo and found it  causes clumping on my lashes.  I'm not sure if the product is not fresh or simply doesn't perform as they present it on air.  I won't be re-purchasing.

Frequent Contributor

Since we are talking about cosmetics.  It is so apparent that when the vendor puts a face foundation on the older model, the foundation tends to accentute the deep lines and wrinkles. I am 82, and would not dream of purchasing some foundation  products like in Mally's line, as when they show the "before" and then the "after" and the model looks better "before " the foundation was applied.  And it is not Just Mally's line at QVC, It Foundation also looks better "before".

Valued Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

No different than magazine ads and TV ads for mascara when it's so blatantly obvious they are wearing false eyelashes.  I don't feel insulted at all because I use my own good judgement ... the joke is on them.

Magazine and TV ads were banned from making those awhile back. It’s in tiny writing and don’t blink bc you will miss it, but there is a disclaimer in those ads at the bottom of the page and tv screen that states something like “the model is also wearing individual lashes to enhance the effect.” Not the exact wording, but close.

Valued Contributor

@crackster wrote:

Since we are talking about cosmetics.  It is so apparent that when the vendor puts a face foundation on the older model, the foundation tends to accentute the deep lines and wrinkles. I am 82, and would not dream of purchasing some foundation  products like in Mally's line, as when they show the "before" and then the "after" and the model looks better "before " the foundation was applied.  And it is not Just Mally's line at QVC, It Foundation also looks better "before".

I understand exactly what you are saying and it is true in a lot of cases. But, honestly, I cannot watch HSN when they are “making up” older models. I feel so badly for them. I don’t understand how they keep from either laughing or crying.  Rule #1 - Less is more on older gals. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crackster wrote:

If you're referring to Helen the older model that the IT vendors show wearing the makeup DO NOT get up close to your TV if it's hi-def when they show her. It's scary what they do to that woman. They cake her up so badly with it. She has nice features...until they get their hands on her and go way overboard with what they've done to her. A much lighter hand and Helen would look great.

Valued Contributor

@software wrote:

The model I saw had pretty decent eyelashes naturally.

Show it on someone who needs it.

Exactly! If it's the one model I caught briefly the other night, I wouldn't even wear mascara if I were her. It did look awful, she has such long, thick lashes naturally. By the time she finished putting it on, her lashes were half way up her forehead😂

Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@crackster wrote:

I understand exactly what you are saying and it is true in a lot of cases. But, honestly, I cannot watch HSN when they are “making up” older models. I feel so badly for them. I don’t understand how they keep from either laughing or crying.  Rule #1 - Less is more on older gals. 

Don't feel bad for them.  They're getting a paycheck.