Honored Contributor

Re: Stop with the Dewy Foundation,

Another vote for dewy foundation.  I have normal skin and I love the luminosity and fresh look I get from a dewy foundation.  Matte looks like it caked on.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer  No doubt - I'd gladly be a model and let the vendor do my makeup. Would love to see that look, what they might do for me, products they may use to get a great optimal look.

I have issues and many of them mostly to be age/sun spots, tired eyes, dark circles. These may not sound like issues but they are for me. What? You say you have the same issues? Perhaps but I'd LOVE to see what they could do for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Harpa. You can also mix, in palm of hand, a bit of moisturizer w/ your foundation on days when your skin is more oily and you don’t need moisturizer all over underneath. You can be your own chemist and adjust what your skin needs.

@Shanus

Yes, that's a good way, too!

You've given good ways to balance matte & dewey!

But...I don't use foundation at all! My skin is very nicely balanced and even-toned.

All I ever need is a bit of finish to cut some of the "dewiness" from my skincare, and IT Bye-Bye Pores achieves that very nicely.

Honored Contributor

@Pook  Care to share what you wear on your face when you make it up? Would love to kow. I'm always open to betterment for my complexion. THANKS!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@barrel racer  No doubt - I'd gladly be a model and let the vendor do my makeup. Would love to see that look, what they might do for me, products they may use to get a great optimal look.

I have issues and many of them mostly to be age/sun spots, tired eyes, dark circles. These may not sound like issues but they are for me. What? You say you have the same issues? Perhaps but I'd LOVE to see what they could do for me.

@PINKdogWOOD  If you were a tv model, you’d be way overdone & would not love the result. If you’d like a real,  more natural, everyday look, check in at a makeup counter and tell the mua your concerns. Everyone has some issues.

Super Contributor

I bought the latest IT TSV which had the illumination cc cream in it and I don't find it the least bit illuminating. If anything it is more matte than the original. I don't get some of the reviews complaining of "sparkles" in it. There is nothing even glowing about it. I use an illuminating primer under it to keep from looking so matte. People with oily skin sure don't want to use a glowy foundation but people with dry skin need some glow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMHO that dewy look makes everyone except the very youngest look like a lipgloss face. I keep thinking hair is going to get stuck in it. Or have a break-out right before my eyes!

Then on top of it, there are usually highlighters used as large beacon lights on cheeks and noses.  Not a good look.

Perhaps Josie Maran should take note!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Luckily, we all get to choose.  For me a soft, dewy look is the best.  I never look "greasy". I guess that's why cosmetics companies make different formulas.

Honored Contributor

I don't have this problem with any of the CC or BB creams that I use for a foundation.

If they don't work for you, there are certainly plenty of other choices out there, that is for sure. 

I'm going out on a limb here and saying most people know what works for them and what doesn't.  They don't need someone else to tell them what to use.  Everyone can't be painted with the same broad brush.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Pook  Care to share what you wear on your face when you make it up? Would love to kow. I'm always open to betterment for my complexion. THANKS!

@PINKdogWOOD  I use Dr Denesse Facial Firming pads, her HydroShield Face Serum,  Skinn Orchid Gel, then one of the following - Perricone No Foundation Foundation (original and not the serum which is a heavier matte finish),  Skinn Collagenesis CC creme or Consulte Volumagen Tinted Moisturizer.  For me these give me a natural fresh face look that doesn't look like I am using a foundation.  I usually use a light dusting of a finishing powder then I spray my face with Urban Decay Makeup Setting spray and I never have to touch up my face all day - even in the extreme heat.  All these products are worth the money spent.  The ultimate compliment came from my SO's daughter who I was sitting next to and out of the blue she turns and says (after finding out that I was the same age as her mother)- "Wow your skin is amazing!"