Super Contributor

Stop the hour long 1 item shows!!

[ Edited ]

So I am watching Crepe Erase trying to see if they have neck cream....I am so done with the one or two item shows....Does anyone remember in the old days of QVC when they had a timer and would spend 3 minutes on an item plus they had a show preview! Sure I can change the channel...but I have already watched 5 hours of news. I pretty much know in 20 seconds if I am interested in something......

Respected Contributor

Re: Stop the hour long 1 item shows!!

I have some suggestions for you....wait until the show is over and then you can watch the video of only the product you are interested in. Google the product and you can learn about it on line. There are also tons of reviews on line about these products. YouTube also has videos about specific beauty products. QVC isn't the only game in town.

Honored Contributor

They do no bother me in the least!

If I am interested in the item, I appeciate the full time spent explaining it and demonstrating it etc.

If I am not interested, there are plenty of other things to do or watch, and not the news.

If I want to know if there is a particular item available, I don't watch an entire show, I just use the 'Search' feature above online.

That would be like watching a 4 hr ITKWD show just to see if he has a coffee pot on today! 

Esteemed Contributor

I stored my TV away about a year ago, even before that I gave up with the hour segments.  It sure isn't what it used to be.

Trusted Contributor

Either last Saturday or the Saturday before, they spent at least 55 minutes of AM Style on a Breezie's bra.  I can't believe a lot of people didn't turn it off, leaving QVC with a final hour where fewer people were watching.  So it actually seems like it's getting worse.  I've never seen them do something like that during AM Style.  Then in the evening, I was going to watch Sandra's closet.  They started off with the Breezie's bra and when I saw they were still on that after 30 minutes, I was gone.  

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki   If you think the bra was bad, how did you like hours and hours of a mascara?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 I'm very thankful to have missed that!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My recent lack of shopping at QVC would be an indicator that I agree with the OP.  In the past there was hardly a month which went by without me buying at least one item from QVC (I shopped from all of the departments not just fashion and beauty). Yes, I am well aware that I can put my computer to work and search things, and I am very much an active shopper at several retailers, but for me one of the benefits of watching the shopping channel shows is to see an item I am not familiar with and be intrigued enough to stick around for the full presentation.  Several of my favorite items purchased from QVC are not items I would have used the search engine to find, or even looked for elsewhere.  They were purchases inspired by seeing the item presented on air. When I tune into AM Style and the presentation such as the Breezies TSV rolls beyond 15-mins, I'm out.  10 to 15 minutes is long enough for a fashion or beauty TSV presentation.  Some of the electronic and appliance items can handle a longer presentation time to allow for  all the bells and whistles to be covered. 

Esteemed Contributor

Could be worse..........could be an hour of My Pillow. 

Honored Contributor

An hour on ONE item?????  Misery!!!!!

angry, animal, blue and cute - image #363400 on Favim.com