Honored Contributor

Re: Still offended that Laura Geller uses such young models

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

OFFENSIVE (in capital letters)?  Really?  That's a pretty strong reaction and charge.  Skintone is skintone.  And even with that, no one really knows how a product is going to work for them until they try it.  If you want to get technical, then all the makeup vendors would have to bring models with dry, normal, and oily complextions too since makeup wears differently in those situtations.  

lol

It's a VERY strong word.  I do not find it "offensive"!  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Blame the second poster who dragged up this thread from 2010.  TROLL ALERT!,

Trusted Contributor

It does not matter to me what models are used for makeup demonstrations.  I'm 64 and know what colors and products will work for me.  I enjoy seeing the products used on the young and pretty models and can tell from the colors what I will like.  I use many of Laura's products as I think she has the best eye shadows and blushes around.  As far as foundations go, I can't tell much how something will work by looking at it on any model, and will just know after I've used it myself. 

Esteemed Contributor

FYI - The original post is 6 years old!!

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

I think this is a record for pulling up old posts!  Almost 6 years!!  Why does QVC even 

keep these old posts in the system? 😱😁

My question is why would anyone want to pull up a six year old post?  Shoot, the young models are old broads by now!

Respected Contributor

@OhioQAddict wrote:

I see who shows up for QVC audience shows and it is not 20 year olds like Laura Geller always uses as models to demo her products. IT'S OFFENSIVE. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

The skin and makeup issues I had at 20 are not the issues I have now over 50.

It feels so dishonest and sneaky to me that I am repelled by Laura now.{#emotions_dlg.devil2} I have switched to Lauren Hutton and other vendors who demo on older women. Even Leslie B demos on blonde Maria. Laura Geller tries to make us think we have 20 year old skin again, but look in the mirror ladies.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

@NowIamSkeptical

I'm not "offended"  as you say, but I prefer older models.  

Respected Contributor

Offended, no not at all.  I prefer mature women models.

Valued Contributor

I once posted a request that she sometimes use more mature models on her FB but they young ones are still there.  Maybe if she gets a lot of FB requests she might change.

Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

I think this is a record for pulling up old posts!  Almost 6 years!!  Why does QVC even 

keep these old posts in the system? 😱😁

After 6 years, I hope the op is not still offended.

@sailor_moon

Ditto .....

I find it very strange what some people choose to be "offended" by!

Respected Contributor

this is so silly.  i'm offended because the op is offended over such an unimportant occurrence.  of course we are all entitled to our own opinion here, but i still don't think the op needed to tell us how offended she was.  in other words, get a life.