Occasional Contributor

Still offended that Laura Geller uses such young models

I see who shows up for QVC audience shows and it is not 20 year olds like Laura Geller always uses as models to demo her products. IT'S OFFENSIVE. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

The skin and makeup issues I had at 20 are not the issues I have now over 50.

It feels so dishonest and sneaky to me that I am repelled by Laura now.{#emotions_dlg.devil2} I have switched to Lauren Hutton and other vendors who demo on older women. Even Leslie B demos on blonde Maria. Laura Geller tries to make us think we have 20 year old skin again, but look in the mirror ladies.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Occasional Contributor

Re: Still offended that Laura Geller uses such young models

I agree.  Will never buy any if her products.

Honored Contributor

OFFENSIVE (in capital letters)?  Really?  That's a pretty strong reaction and charge.  Skintone is skintone.  And even with that, no one really knows how a product is going to work for them until they try it.  If you want to get technical, then all the makeup vendors would have to bring models with dry, normal, and oily complextions too since makeup wears differently in those situtations.  

Esteemed Contributor

Makeup vendors use young models for the same reason clothing vendors use tall, thin young models - because everything looks better on them lol.  But I save being "offended" for more important things than TV shopping channel presentations.  It is what it is, and I decide to buy or not based on the info presented, not the age of the model.  Even if she were my exact age, she wouldn't have my exact features and skin issues, so it's just not relevant to me.  BTW, I DID decide to buy the TSV, in spite of the fact that there were no petite 67 yr. old models in the presentation. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I think this is a record for pulling up old posts!  Almost 6 years!!  Why does QVC even 

keep these old posts in the system? 😱😁

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

I think this is a record for pulling up old posts!  Almost 6 years!!  Why does QVC even 

@Suebdoo  Good eye!  I have to pay more attention to that.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo  Good eye!  I have to pay more attention to that.

@JeanLouiseFinch the reason I noticed was the emojis were words in the OP  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

If they had a system that showed the date of the thread outside the thread w/o opening it, like we used to have, we wouldn't always run into this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

OFFENSIVE (in capital letters)?  Really?  That's a pretty strong reaction and charge.  Skintone is skintone.  And even with that, no one really knows how a product is going to work for them until they try it.  If you want to get technical, then all the makeup vendors would have to bring models with dry, normal, and oily complextions too since makeup wears differently in those situtations.  

I can think of better things to get offensive about, but makeup surely isn't one of them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

After 6 years, I hope the op is not still offended.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️