Contributor
Anyone else not having such great results with IT?

I have bought my share of IT cosmetics..foundation, blush, mascara, lip color, and moisturizer, but not sure I am liking her line anymore. I feel like the products work well the first couple of uses but then they start to dry and discolor face. I bought her new moisturizer but only found it to be average, actually broke out. I will exfoliate just to make sure but still..meh results.

And I really don't think the foundations cover the way they claim and I still don't know how the blond girl with the hyperpigmentation and old acne marks or Jaime completely cover their discolorations so well live on camera. The products don't cover that well for me. And you can only build coverage so much before your face cracks and/or you look like completely discolored and dried out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Still a dedicated IT girl??

YES, I have been having the same results.  I though it was just me, but the CC foundation I have been using for months at first was great, but now it seems to be extra dewy on face, the color is off.  So I went back to the powder, and it is discoloring  and does not blend well.

I was hoping IT would offer there new Bye Bye foundation, the one they sell on infermertial, but they havent brought it to QVC.  I am wondering where to go for foundation now??? Any Ideas??

Contributor

I also use Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and I like it so far

I am looking for another foundation so I can switch off, if need be.

Trusted Contributor

I've tried so many of their products, as their on air segments are so convincing..but like you, I just don't see the coverage on me...I have freckling, it doesn't cover that....I like a high coverage foundation, but I don't want to have to cake it on to get that coverage..I have no idea how that model is covering up her issues doesn't seem possible with the cc cream...their other products are just very average for me...but like anything, if it works for you, great....it just doesn't work for me.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too will NEVER understand the coverage the models get, whatever the foundation type they swipe it on and it's like a miracle, every flaw disappears like magic. I still use and like the original Celebration Foundation but still need to use a concealer on my trouble spots. I've watched and watched and watched them trying to figure out what kind of hocus pocus is going on with those demos. Even that Bye Bye Under Eye that she's shown totally covering the girls arm tatoo doesn't completly cover a couple reddish areas nor a couple of mild brown spots on my cheeks. I just don't get it.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the IT Cosmetics CC cream in the medium shade for the sunscreen. It does not cover dark circles at all. I've recently added the light shade of the CC cream to use around my eyes and T zone and the dark circles look better to me. I no longer use any of the other IT Cosmetics makeup though as I am not brand loyal. I also usually use a concealer under my eyes too, currently I'm using L'Oreal Tru Match concealer stick in shade N1-2-3.

Valued Contributor

@domel   I totally agree with your comment about how Jaime can cover her redness on live TV.  I have some brownish pigmentation on my light skin (which have faded greatly...Thank You, Paula's Choice....., but her foundation doesn't cover them for me like it does on her.  Wondering if I'm using the wrong foundation shade.....just don't know.

Respected Contributor

I don't get it either. Doesn't cover age spots, even slight marks. I found it settling in pores and fine lines, definitely making me look older. 

I do like the illuminating cream and eyebrow pencil. The lipsticks are gloppy and the eyeliner is not for me.

It brushes are the best.

I came back to Laura Geller balance & brighten.

Contributor

I have noticed when I use a make up towelette to remove my make up my face is red for a few minutes. So I wonder if that is why they always remove their make on tv instead of just going on without make up!  I don't get the coverage either and the foundation makes me way to dewey!

Trusted Contributor

I really like the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation as well. My favorite foundation right now is the Bourjois City Radiance. It's not available at retail in the US, but can be found online. Medium buildable coverage, beautiful fininsh and inexpensive.