Occasional Contributor

Re: Still a BE girl but love to try other brands too. Are you like me?

I love my BE most of all, but am such a makeup junkie that I can't stop myself from trying other things as well. Actually, right now, my favorite lip products are the Clinique Chubby Sticks, and I also love Tarte Lipsurgence, YSL glosses, Stila eyeshadows, and IT Cosmetics lipliners. I often use Laura Geller's Etherial Rose blush for a hint of cheek color. Oh, and I love Mally's Nude Eyeshadow palette.

Regular Contributor

Lilibee~great thread!

I would say I'm 98% BE for skincare and mu. But like so many others, I always want to try a suggested foundation, skincare item, or mu item. I ALWAYS go back to BE {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I must confess... My most expensive adventure was into Trish McEvoy mu. Bought the planner and several other items. I love their e/s as they are very soft and super blendable. Really like TM bronzer/face shaper product, too (not orangy at all). My DD moved to Trish products when I bought a few, and she absolutely loves them. This is a very expensive line that is cruelty free, made in USA and some in Italy (I think that's what I saw on the pkg), but does contain parabens in some products. I personally try to stay away from parabens, so I didn't choose those items. TM does play well with BE foundation if you are interested. I promise I am not enabling anyone {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I did purchase the N3 palette and so did my DD friend, but we both agree that BE e/s is so much more brilliant. Really not sure that N3 was a good purchase for me.

$$ for $$ I think BE is always such a great value for most products. I love their skincare. I love the kits, and the opportunity to buy last chance and outlet items at bargain prices. I prefer the loose but I do own a few Ready items that I'm happy with at the moment.

I love BE talk with everyone. I like BE ingredients.

Super Contributor

I ALWAYS go back to BE foundation - because after trying new foundations that are so so, I realize how well BE actually matches my skin tone and how well it looks on me. But I do LOVE trying new things, so I always do.

Also I agree, BE is actually pretty affordable compared to some other brands, it surprises me that the other brands charge what they do. I always look for kits since that is obviously the best value, but sometimes buy single items such as foundation. I still LOVE BE Smiley Surprised)

Trusted Contributor

I'm just like you, Lilibee, still a BE girl but like other brands, too. Lately I've been obsessed with Edward Bess, his products are very fresh and natural-looking.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, great thread Smiley Happy I am exactly like this. I have several different brands that I love. I still love my BE and won't ever dispose of it, but I use a lot of Benefit, UD and even Wet and Wild. I really like the Ready shadows also. I am sure it was the influx of Ready that got me straying, but I'm glad )

Trusted Contributor

Last evening I went to Ulta to have my hair cut, and of course I browsed through the store afterward. There were so many cute BE kits for sale ... For bridal, for a getaway, for a hot mama ... I really liked looking at the make-up in person rather than guessing colors online. The Laura Geller kit with the heart in one color in a blush of another color turned out to be more orange than pink, so I'm glad I never ordered it from QVC. The Philosophy Miracle Worker foundation had great coverage but an awful odor. And I did buy the Too Faced chocolate bar set with the iPhone case - it was at the register and I couldn't resist.

Frequent Contributor

I still use BE foundation most of the time but sometimes use others.. depends on how my skin is that particular day.. Oh that Too Faced Chocolate Bar Set// I got that for someone for Christmas and she loves it.. and it smells like Chocolate too just like the bronzer they make... yum! I love all kinds of makeup, but still am using up all my BE loose stuff and blushes and eyeshadows and liners and all....so much fun to pair them with other m/u...

Honored Contributor

I've never been loyal to one brand. I think it is limiting to do that.

I do tend to buy & like BE makeup more than other brands. Most makeup, especially eye colors, tends to be too shiny and/or shimmery for my taste. I avoid most palettes because they always contain a lot of shades and shimmers I do not use. I love the BE loose mineral singles.

I have one small tarte palette that I use occasionally, a few individual UD shadows that I like but rarely use because they are not neutral shades, 2 or 3 SKINN palettes that came with skincare kits and are almost never used. I use tarte or SKINN foundation at times and once in a blue moon I'll use my BE Matte, but I won't purchase it again. I'll definitely be trying other brands for foundation when what I have is gone.

I am probably different than most women because I don't buy tons of shadows. I've got fewer than 25 single shades, not including my few palettes. I love neutrals and browns but I don't need to own every neutral shade or palette. I make a point to try new combinations with my old shades & have a lot of fun doing it. It is like getting new makeup without spending any money.

Honored Contributor

Yippee! I can post again! I kept getting an annoying error last night.

Frequent Contributor

yes wildob what you mentioned about shopping your stash that can be fun... I do that periodically but i still buy new makeup once in a while...for my birthday or for christmas... usually don't buy too much during the yr. except staples like foundation and concealer things like that.. mascara...it's fun to work with what you already have and make up new looks with your old colors... i do that alot with my old BE loose shadows and liners...