Frequent Contributor

Still a BE girl but love to try other brands too. Are you like me?

KissHi, I was strictly BE for years but after they "changed" a few years ago, I started branching out and trying other brands, some high end and some drugstore, I just recently for instance got the Lorac Pro Palette and the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. and I love them... I still use my BE shadows, but i like to mix it up.. I also love drugstore makeup like the Wet n Wild icon palettes... they are really good... I like the Walking on Eggshells one..and they are so pigmented.. I have experimented with many lippies too.. found all kinds of lippies out there... so i still love BE but like to mix my BE with other things, anyone else? Just curious...

Valued Contributor

Re: Still a BE girl but love to try other brands too. Are you like me?

I pretty much stay with BE because I have so much of it and I like it. I do use Avon. I am sure I could get blasted for what I will say next....

No make up made in China will EVER go on my face.. NEVER! I will read the labels and if it is something I may want (like Avon) I ask customer service where the product is made.

I don't have a problem with brushes that are made in China because I don't think any are made here in the USA. This is my personal choice but certainly wouldn't tell anyone not to wear XYZ make up because it is made in China.

Super Contributor

I'm like you Lilibee I like to mix it up too. Part of it is because of all the Ready stuff and part of it is to just save some money where I can. For many years I've bought drugstore mascara since you end up throwing it out after a few months anyway. But I still love BE shadows and lippies, so those I'll continue to buy. I like other high end brands, but I'm also exploring more drugstore again. For awhile I didn't use much from the drugstore, but now I figured I'll splurge on some things and save on others. Besides, I have a lot of BE, so I've slowed down on buying a lot except staple items I use all the time.

Honored Contributor

I mix up my shadows constantly. I have found my Maybelline eyestudio shadows pallets again. 2 colors, easy to apply, color last forever on eye. I use LG, Revlon, BE, Laura Mercier, .

Blushes are the same. I mix them up. The brand I like the best for blush is Laura Geller. I find the color in LG blush lasts the longest for me.

what I like to try but never had good luck at is finding a foundation. I can only wear BE. Everything else breaks me out seriously bad. I have tried very expensive to drug store cheap, it all comes back to I can't wear anything but BE.

Frequent Contributor

I was under the impression that the companies I've been buying from are cruelty free if that is what you mean by made in China.. i got a list.. Wet n Wild is cruelty free. So is Urban Decay and Revlon, also Lorac i believe...i try to stay away from brands that test on animals...

Valued Contributor

I am glad that there are companies that are cruelty free and the products are made in China. It is my personal preference to buy made in America cosmetics. I buy American made products whenever I can.

Valued Contributor

I do have several brands I buy from. BE, Tarte, and a few online only independent mineral brands. UD and I used to be friends, but I got a bad taste in my mouth from the whole "We're selling in china no we aren't oh by the way now we are owned by L'oreal" thing. If I see a palette I absolutely love and can't live without like Vice 2 I'll buy it but I passed on Naked 3 in favor of a dupe set from one of my favorite independent mineral companies instead. And it came with a lippie too.

Super Contributor

Lilibee, you are not alone. I am about 90/BE. There is just nothing like the beautiful twinkle of loose minerals. I have some Ready products but they are just not as dear to me. I also enjoy Urban Decay shadows. Fun names for the shadows and really cool packaging. ...as far as lips-I have mostly BE. All of the auto delivery kits along with a few lip kit purchases have kept me very happy.... The new Urban Decay #3 palette does look so tempting. I am just so fair and a red head that I need to play before purchasing since is is rose tones. It sure is pretty though. I hope you enjoy it..
Super Contributor

I love trying new brands, I use mainly BE, but am open to try new brands, or new products in familiar brands. I have a few that I go to that work for me.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Lillibee!

I like to look to at other brands, but I'm pretty much a BE Beautie (makeup and skincare). I do have a Dior lippie though. I just can't give up my loose foundation and eyeshadows.

finch