Honored Contributor

Re: Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush

Thanks for the heads up on the $8.  I just ordered Rosewater & Water blossom.  They  just emailed me a coupon for 20% on my next order too!!

Trusted Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze I tried one on my lips, and wasn't wild about the results. I maybe applied a little too much, but the Water Lily I tried needed a thicker layer on my lips than ,y face to show up, since my lips are obviously more pigmented than my (pale) face. I am going to try it with the red one when it comes in. I'll let you know how it goes when I do!

I do really wish they would do a BRONZER in this formula (for some reason I'm having deja vu that I said this when it was first released). I feel it would look so beautiful!!!! I'm hoping that with the price going back up, they hopefully aren't discontinuing them! There was another product for cheeks/face that I had for which I wished they'd made bronzer in that formula, and now I'm racking my brain to try to think of what it was........ ETA -- I remembered. The JM Cheek Gelee. But I think I would like the Stila significantly more if they did a bronzer in that formula. 

FUTURE just as an FYI, Sephora brand (their own line of dupes that they carry) has the exact version of the bronzer you describe above - it comes in two shades by my recollection and the delivery system is similar - the netting and you tap it to get the color.  It may have had a sponge underneath the netting, I'm not exactly sure, but worth looking at.  Very reasonably priced too - I think something like $8 or $10 dollars.  Take a look if you'd like. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I ordered the Rosewater color due to this thread and I want to say THANK YOU! This blush works so nice on my 52 y/o fair irish skin! I have a fair amount of melasma on my face and blush can look unatural or off at times and I find this to be such a natural and lovely look. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received mine too along with water lily and love both of them.  What a great price at $8.  I use Stila's Heaven's Hue highlighter on top and it looks so natural and refreshed.  That is the best highlighter ever.

Trusted Contributor

@scullychick wrote:

I ordered the Rosewater color due to this thread and I want to say THANK YOU! This blush works so nice on my 52 y/o fair irish skin! I have a fair amount of melasma on my face and blush can look unatural or off at times and I find this to be such a natural and lovely look. Thanks again!

Enjoy it Scullychick - you'll be very impressed with the staying power as well - Enjoy your new find!

Respected Contributor

Bad, bad @suzyQ3!  Enabling me.    Woman Very Happy

I just saw this when it came to the top of the page again.  I ordered three. I find I am liking cream and gel blushes very much these days.  Especailly in the summer when my face has a bit more color .  I find they do look like a more natural flush than some of the powders.

I haven't shopped much in weeks.  Is this the start of a frenzy?  LOL

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze I tried one on my lips, and wasn't wild about the results. I maybe applied a little too much, but the Water Lily I tried needed a thicker layer on my lips than ,y face to show up, since my lips are obviously more pigmented than my (pale) face. I am going to try it with the red one when it comes in. I'll let you know how it goes when I do!

I do really wish they would do a BRONZER in this formula (for some reason I'm having deja vu that I said this when it was first released). I feel it would look so beautiful!!!! I'm hoping that with the price going back up, they hopefully aren't discontinuing them! There was another product for cheeks/face that I had for which I wished they'd made bronzer in that formula, and now I'm racking my brain to try to think of what it was........ ETA -- I remembered. The JM Cheek Gelee. But I think I would like the Stila significantly more if they did a bronzer in that formula. 

FUTURE just as an FYI, Sephora brand (their own line of dupes that they carry) has the exact version of the bronzer you describe above - it comes in two shades by my recollection and the delivery system is similar - the netting and you tap it to get the color.  It may have had a sponge underneath the netting, I'm not exactly sure, but worth looking at.  Very reasonably priced too - I think something like $8 or $10 dollars.  Take a look if you'd like. Smiley Happy

@fitfuninformed I think you *might* be referring to the cushion bronzer?? If so, I looked at those when they released them last year, but they were too dark and had an orange cast on my skin that I just couldn't get into. Smiley Sad But I definitely appreciate the rec!!!!!! Smiley Wink