Frequent Contributor

I use Timeless Vitamin C + E + Ferulic and yes, it is somewhat sticky.  I wait for 5 to 10 minutes to apply my other serum, moisturizer and sunscreen.  After I apply the rest of my skincare the stickiness goes away.  

Honored Contributor

Many vitamin C serums are sticky because they contain glycerin...this is  sticky by nature. The reason for this is that glycerin prolongs the shelf-life/efficacy of the vitamin C serum and keeps it from oxidizing too quickly. I have made my own vitamin C serum for a long time and I don't use glycerin. I just make a very small amount every two weeks. It is totally fresh!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I also use Timeless, someone reccommended it here.  I got the one thats 20% with ferulic acid.  Aborbs well, and not sticky at all.  Another also recommended here was JJLab...they make it when you order.  I did well on Amazon.  I found OLE to be very tacky/sticky, and Madd Hippie balls while I apply my make-up...so those are out!!

Honored Contributor

I use Peter Thomas Roth's Camu-Camu Vit C serum and it is sticky. Once I put on my moisturizer it isn't sticky anymore. I will say, though, that I am on the process of switching to Paula's Choice, so once I run out of my PTR Vit C, I'm getting Paula's Choice. I've already made the switch on the other products but am not quite out of my PTR Vit C.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning @Texasmouse - I hope you like the Avalon Organics line as much as I do.  They also have Vit C cleansers and creams.  You don't need to order it - it's available at any Walmart, Walgreen's, etc.  I buy mine in the organic aisle of my supermarket.  Save yourself the shipping/handling charges next time and buy it locally.  Good luck!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: Sticky Vitamin C serums

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

Good morning @Texasmouse - I hope you like the Avalon Organics line as much as I do.  They also have Vit C cleansers and creams.  You don't need to order it - it's available at any Walmart, Walgreen's, etc.  I buy mine in the organic aisle of my supermarket.  Save yourself the shipping/handling charges next time and buy it locally.  Good luck!

Good morning @tototwo!

I hope I like the line too! I  would have gone to my local Walmart to get it but it was offered on their website with free shipping so I thought, why not? Thanks again! 😊

Respected Contributor

I also love Paula's Vit C. Not sticky and it works! I really don't have dark spots on my face but did have some slight redness on one side of my face. Since using Paula's that redness has vanished.